Is a 10:45am flight home possible?

razz29

I can get a 10:45 am flight home for $150 less than a later flight the same day. Anyone know if it is it possible to be off the ship and at the airport in time for a 10:45am flight?

Thanks in advance!

From the cruise ship terminal it will take about 30-45 minutes to get to the airport depending on traffic. If you can be off the ship by 8am, you can definitely make it to the airport by 9am.

Thank you! I think I may go for the better airfare then.

I agree and think you will be fine. The worry warts will all start the negativity and list every possible tragedy including global thermal nuclear war as reasons not to book before 11am. The reality is that you are taking a domestic flight out of a small easy to navigate airport. Traffic on a Sunday morning should be light and cabs will be plentiful. As long as you don't dawdle off the ship you should be fine. What airline and airport are you flying to ?

I agree and think you will be fine. The worry warts will all start the negativity and list every possible tragedy including global thermal nuclear war as reasons not to book before 11am. The reality is that you are taking a domestic flight out of a small easy to navigate airport. Traffic on a Sunday morning should be light and cabs will be plentiful. As long as you don't dawdle off the ship you should be fine. What airline and airport are you flying to ?

The negativity is one of the reasons I don't post very much. :D

We will be flying to Los Angeles on Southwest. My DH and I both have to work the next day so getting home earlier is a huge plus for us. We were hoping to get FTTF but it's sold out. :( Will Carnival take our flight times into consideration when assigning disembarkation times?

OK I'm going to be one of the negative Nelly's...on my cruise in February, it was almost 10am before my sister and I disembarked. It was a Monday and we were in a later group because we were actually driving home, but they were still really slow getting people off the ship altogether. If you can, you might want to consider self-disembark - those folks got off lickety split. This was my first time cruising on Carnival and while I had a good time, the disembark procedures really left a bad taste in my mouth- I could've slept a lot longer if I had known it would take so long for our group to be called off the ship.

OK I'm going to be one of the negative Nelly's...on my cruise in February, it was almost 10am before my sister and I disembarked. It was a Monday and we were in a later group because we were actually driving home, but they were still really slow getting people off the ship altogether. If you can, you might want to consider self-disembark - those folks got off lickety split. This was my first time cruising on Carnival and while I had a good time, the disembark procedures really left a bad taste in my mouth- I could've slept a lot longer if I had known it would take so long for our group to be called off the ship.

Thank you for the tip on self-assist disembarkation.

I did book the earlier flight so I will be sure we use the self-assist. Worse case is we miss our flight and have to pay the difference to take a later flight.

• 2 weeks later...
If it's not too late.....wear a Saints shirt/jersey. The cabbies will be more willing to work with you because you appear to be a local.

I am not following? You are saying that a cabbie will defy traffic laws and speed to get you to the airport quicker because you are wearing a Saints shirt?

I am not following? You are saying that a cabbie will defy traffic laws and speed to get you to the airport quicker because you are wearing a Saints shirt?

I'm pretty sure I made no mention of breaking any laws. I learned a long time ago to read exactly they way it's written. Don't apply your own interpretation.

What I'm saying is a cabbie will make every effort to get a " friendly" to a destination faster. LORD help someone wearing a Falcons jersey trying to get a New Orleans cabbie to hurry, especially when the Saints lose a game.

Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure I made no mention of breaking any laws. I learned a long time ago to read exactly they way it's written. Don't apply your own interpretation.

What I'm saying is a cabbie will make every effort to get a " friendly" to a destination faster. LORD help someone wearing a Falcons jersey trying to get a New Orleans cabbie to hurry, especially when the Saints lose a game.

Have a nice day.

Last cruise I wore a Cowboys cap in NO. Not a good idea. I now have a Saints cap.

You should be alright unless there is fog or some other delay. We hit fog going into Mobile on one cruise. It was 10:00 before we docked.

Have a nice day.

I highly doubt that a cabbie is going to slow down just because you are in his cab from an opposing team. Cabbies are in the business to make money and slowing down decreases their opportunity to make cash. The only person he hurts by going slow is himself. The key takeaway should be the "friendly" part. If you act like a jerk, no matter your team affiliation, then nobody is going to do anything to help you out.

NOLA fans are some of the kindest and welcoming fans in the nation. Yes we have a rivalry with the Dirty Birds but we certainly don't treat visitors to our city as enemies to be spat upon and certainly don't yell vulgarities at our opponents like the 49ers did to us in 2012 that the executives of the 49ers issued a public apology for the disrespectful nature of their fans.

NOLA is a city that needs tourism and visitors. We have hosted the Super Bowl more than any other city and many other big national games. We are all ambassadors of our city and insinuating that a cabbie would not do what was best for his passenger is beyond insulting.

• 7 months later...
Hi, I saw your post and was curious how it worked out with the early flight time? I agree with being able to make the early time and have a similar situation coming up with our cruise in NO. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

It worked out great. We did self assist exiting the ship and made it to the airport with time to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums