Yes, another WINE and Drinks Package Question

ListMaker101

Hiya

I've been lurking for a week or so since my FIRST CRUISE was booked (can you tell I'm excited?) and have read many, many different threads on the drink package debate.

But I would like some clarification please.

We are traveling on the Pacific Jewel in November on a 9 day cruise.

We bought a pretty good deal but are pretty set on having a budget. Between the 2 of us we quite like our beverages, especially wine.

If I buy a drinks package, I understand that's just for me. I'm cool with that. But buying bottles of wine? I have read alternate options about paying a percentage? What is the percentage that I have to pay if I buy a drink package? Or miraculously are bottles included in the Jewel package?

But can I buy a bottle rather than glass after glass whilst I am sitting and reading? Chilling in the Oasis with an ice bucket sounds like bliss to me.

And if I choose to, take it back to my room?

What IS the policy? Because the cruise control is pretty much **lean** on details.

I will be drinking throughout the trip and doing a few of the parties so I know it can add up. I can quite easily stick to a budget if I need to but feel I can just not worry about the end result if I buy the package.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Edited by ListMaker101

Hiya

I've been lurking for a week or so since my FIRST CRUISE was booked (can you tell I'm excited?) and have read many, many different threads on the drink package debate.

But I would like some clarification please.

We are traveling on the Pacific Jewel in November on a 9 day cruise.

We bought a pretty good deal but are pretty set on having a budget. Between the 2 of us we quite like our beverages, especially wine.

If I buy a drinks package, I understand that's just for me. I'm cool with that. But buying bottles of wine? I have read alternate options about paying a percentage? What is the percentage that I have to pay if I buy a drink package? Or miraculously are bottles included in the Jewel package?

But can I buy a bottle rather than glass after glass whilst I am sitting and reading? Chilling in the Oasis with an ice bucket sounds like bliss to me.

And if I choose to, take it back to my room?

What IS the policy? Because the cruise control is pretty much **lean** on details.

I will be drinking throughout the trip and doing a few of the parties so I know it can add up. I can quite easily stick to a budget if I need to but feel I can just not worry about the end result if I buy the package.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott, my partner and I cruised on the jewel last month. We booked last minute so the drinks package was expensive,over 60 dollars a day from memory. We ended up buying bottles of a reasonable Chardonnay (Glandore ) at around 24 dollars each.

You can take the bottles anywhere you like, pool, restaurants (including salt), bars and cabin.

Also my top tip is that if the wine you want is not on the menu in the main dining room, they will get it for you from another bar.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Andlep

It's all conjecture at the moment.

What wines can I buy?

Is that scarf too sparkly for bianco?

Will I scare the natives?

But all fun to contemplate.

But thank you for advice. Hoping anybody else has some pearls of wisdom to round out my total lack of knowledge.

Anyone? Anyone?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no bottles and the pinot grigio for example is only matua its garbage if you want a glass of prosecco bad luck nothing by the glass

they also have a strict 6 minute between drinks rule

i had it on jewel i personally think i would have been better off pay as you go its like 70 plus dollars no coffee no ice cream

sometimes p&o will chuck it in for free grab it then