The Alaskan jackets

lk2fly

When we went to Alaska a few years ago, a friend had told us about the Alaskan jackets for sale in Ketchikan. No need to pack a jacket, these were $20 and you have a souvenir. Great jacket. We are going again this May with several first timers. Does anyone know the current cost of the jackets? I don't want to tell them 20 if they have gone up significantly. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

When we went to Alaska a few years ago, a friend had told us about the Alaskan jackets for sale in Ketchikan. No need to pack a jacket, these were $20 and you have a souvenir. Great jacket. We are going again this May with several first timers. Does anyone know the current cost of the jackets? I don't want to tell them 20 if they have gone up significantly. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The jackets were available at the Tongass Trading Company on the pier in Ketchikan for $19 last May. They are still available on the Tongass website today if you want to order online.

I own two of them and have given them as gifts.

Thanks for the jacket tip! Ketchikan is our last stop in AK but I know how to order online. ;) The jackets look nice in the website pictures and they go up to 2X.

There are more colors at the store. And the jackets run large.

The jackets were available at the Tongass Trading Company on the pier in Ketchikan for $19 last May. They are still available on the Tongass website today if you want to order online.

I see you have gone to Alaska quite a few times. We are going this Aug.'17 and it is Alaska/Yukon land/cruise 15nts. My question is about the recommended meal plan for the land portion It is not included and appears quite expensive $699 pp (10 days) apparently because food is so expensive there. Do you or anyone else have an opinion on this.? We have only done 1Alaska 7nt. before.

My jackets are blue and a gray/black. The jackets are not free but their huge tote bags are.

Sorry I cut and pasted the wrong post for my Alaskan meal plan question. It should have been a reply to your post. But anyone feel free to comment. We are 3star mariners I noticed you are 4! Great

I looked at the jacket on the website and it sounds almost too good to be true--fleece lined, water resistant, zippered pockets and hood. And all this for only $20?

I'd love to read some reviews from folks who have worn this jacket on the Alaskan cruises because I'm tempted to order some before we go. Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? Is it made well?

Thanks for any input.

I looked at the jacket on the website and it sounds almost too good to be true--fleece lined, water resistant, zippered pockets and hood. And all this for only $20?

I'd love to read some reviews from folks who have worn this jacket on the Alaskan cruises because I'm tempted to order some before we go. Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? Is it made well?

Thanks for any input.

Honestly - it is a great jacket. Plus reversible! I didn't wear it on my cruise but wear it at home. Right now, it is 20 degrees and windy (feels like 5) and it was not my chosen jacket for this temp. For 35 degrees or so, it is fine.

The light blue is not my first choice in color. I would wait until you get there to look at some of the other colors.

The jacket runs large - so if you do order it, I would order one size below. I would characterize it as men's sizing.

Go back to the 3rd message in this thread - another poster says he owns 2 and has given them as gifts. I agree they sound great and I'm ordering one for me (since Ketchikan is our last stop so I can't just wait and pick one up to use for the cruise). There are several colors on the website besides light blue. I'm tempted by the royal but it doesn't say what color the reverse is.

Go back to the 3rd message in this thread - another poster says he owns 2 and has given them as gifts. I agree they sound great and I'm ordering one for me (since Ketchikan is our last stop so I can't just wait and pick one up to use for the cruise). There are several colors on the website besides light blue. I'm tempted by the royal but it doesn't say what color the reverse is.

Found the other colors - didn't go far enough in. I remember seeing them at the store though.