Unbelievable, diasterous

Seaway1308

Unfortunately we had a disastrous cruise recently. Pacific Eden E642 14 days

We are very unhappy with the lack of response from P&O after I informed them that I had been bitten both in the afternoon and evening of departure. I was suffering, with itchy inflamed soreness for the entire 15 days of the cruise. We were moved to a downgraded interior cabin for 4 days. It was unacceptable, unsatisfactory and inconvenient but we were given no other option. The Accommodation Manager then put us back into the original cabin (after fumigation) without thorough inspection and I was bitten again on the face and chest. Now I became furious. I was shocked that they exposed me again and increased my suffering even further. In total during the 15 days, we had to unpack our suitcases 4 times. We lost most of our holiday time in moving, in discussions with management, in recording the events in detail and taking photos.

The rest I spent in misery, embarrassment, distress, inconvenience and pain

Every word that I wrote can be verified and every event was witnessed by Pacific Eden Management. I have not written or spoken one word of exaggeration of this entire experience and I have photographed every relevant aspect.

We have been very discreet thus far in not publicizing the facts but now we are out of patience asP&O have not made any acceptable, adequate or fair and just offer of compensation since we reported the facts about the unhealthy, unclean and unsafe conditions onboard P&O including the bed bugs, moldy bread at breakfast in the restaurant, flies in the restaurant drinking water, scum, foreign bodies, rust, hair and grot that came out of the pipes when I turned on the spa.

Unfortunately we had a disastrous cruise recently. Pacific Eden E642 14 days

We are very unhappy with the lack of response from P&O after I informed them that I had been bitten both in the afternoon and evening of departure. I was suffering, with itchy inflamed soreness for the entire 15 days of the cruise. We were moved to a downgraded interior cabin for 4 days. It was unacceptable, unsatisfactory and inconvenient but we were given no other option. The Accommodation Manager then put us back into the original cabin (after fumigation) without thorough inspection and I was bitten again on the face and chest. Now I became furious. I was shocked that they exposed me again and increased my suffering even further. In total during the 15 days, we had to unpack our suitcases 4 times. We lost most of our holiday time in moving, in discussions with management, in recording the events in detail and taking photos.

The rest I spent in misery, embarrassment, distress, inconvenience and pain

Every word that I wrote can be verified and every event was witnessed by Pacific Eden Management. I have not written or spoken one word of exaggeration of this entire experience and I have photographed every relevant aspect.

We have been very discreet thus far in not publicizing the facts but now we are out of patience asP&O have not made any acceptable, adequate or fair and just offer of compensation since we reported the facts about the unhealthy, unclean and unsafe conditions onboard P&O including the bed bugs, moldy bread at breakfast in the restaurant, flies in the restaurant drinking water, scum, foreign bodies, rust, hair and grot that came out of the pipes when I turned on the spa.

Good luck What details you have given are totally unacceptable

1 post - unbelievable complaints = troll

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tend to agree. On my count you would only need to unpack 3 times with on cabin move and then return to original cabin also when we have cruised in a cabin with spa bath they were cleaned and run using chlorinated cleaning agents every 7 days. Would be interesting to see a sample of the photographs.

I just get the impression there's a fair bit of exaggeration here.

For example, mouldy bread. Given it's made fresh daily, I can't imagine a situation how bread would be mouldy.

Flies in the restaurant? Well, you are at sea visiting tropical islands. Sometimes flies and other insects fly across, sometimes even in luggage. None of that's the cruiselines fault. It's not like they have fly nests onboard!

And when you exaggerate you lose credibility, and similarly companies don't pay so much attention.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could I please ask how you determined you were bitten in the cabin? Was it a flea? or a mossie? Did you by any chance stay in your cabin 24/7 without leaving it? Did you see the Doctor on board and did he diagnose what had bitten you? A very unpleasant experience for you, but I am just curious to know how you determined the bite was from something in your cabin?

As to compensation, why would you require that? It was unfortunate, but how can you determine it was the cruise line's deliberate fault? Did they do it on purpose? I would be interested to know if you have ever received a bite at your home. I know I have, when we have entered or exited the house and, without our knowledge, a mossie has got in. We couldn't prevent it. I'm not sure the cruise line could prevent it either.

Looking forward to your reply.

Seems very strange that there is no post from original poster defending these fairly outrageous claims. I am sure if the claims regarding the food were true there would be an avalanche of media coverage considering their history in bashing the cruise ship industry when ever possible. Me thinks the whole post is just BS.

• 3 weeks later...

Would think without true evidence of the facts from the OP that the CC hosts should consider removing a post that is perhaps so 'disastrous'?

After all - people do come to this site for true reviews and help regarding cruising and individual ships and this poster seems more than suspect [emoji1345]

• 2 weeks later...

As I have posted prior I think this is absolute BS. I have just returned from an 8 Day West Coast Cruise on Pacific Eden ( full review to follow) and had a great cruise . Ignore the original post.

Can't help myself - just noticed glaring error; cabin number by OP is E642.

P&O don't use the old HAL numbering system, the Eden number on deck six should be 6142 - so sad someone has to resort to this isn't it??

Rose

Edited by Porky55

Can't help myself - just noticed glaring error; cabin number by OP is E642.

P&O don't use the old HAL numbering system, the Eden number on deck six should be 6142 - so sad someone has to resort to this isn't it??

Rose

E642 is probably the Cruise Number and not the cabin number! We were on the Pacific Eden Cruise E642 (Singapore to Cairns) last August and had no problems. In fact we are due to cruise on the ship again in the near future.

"that came out of the pipes when I turned on the spa."

I find this statement odd as the only cabin listed in the deckplans and P&Os descriptions - with a spa - is the Penthouse Suite and there is only one of them. All others cabins are listed as having showers or/and baths. Think someone is pulling our legs. :evilsmile:

"that came out of the pipes when I turned on the spa."

I find this statement odd as the only cabin listed in the deckplans and P&Os descriptions - with a spa - is the Penthouse Suite and there is only one of them. All others cabins are listed as having showers or/and baths. Think someone is pulling our legs. :evilsmile:

Have just returned from 8 Day West Coast cruise on Pacific Eden. We were in a suite which had a spa bath as do all the suites with a shower over, which in itself provides another challenge because of the higher sides.

Sorry Wyuna1 I stand corrected.

I was quoting from the P&O web page and their book which lists a Bathroom with a shower and spa bath for the penthouse suite but only a Bathroom with bath and shower for suite with balcony.

I apologise for misleading anyone. :o

E642 is probably the Cruise Number and not the cabin number! We were on the Pacific Eden Cruise E642 (Singapore to Cairns) last August and had no problems. In fact we are due to cruise on the ship again in the near future.

The OP doesn't say that E642 was their cabin number. I believe you are correct in saying that it is the cruise, not the cabin number. Pacific Eden doesn't have a cabin 6642. The highest number is 6230. The number '6' in the cruise designation indicates that it was in 2016. As Joll mentioned, that cruise was in August 2016. The OP's post was in February, 2017 - quite a delay.

Like others who have commented, I have doubts, mainly because of the number of different problem that were supposed to have been encountered on that cruise. ;)