Staggered Check In Galveston

Kingtro

This will be our first time having to use the staggered check in process in Galveston, do you know if you are still able to drop off your luggage with the porters beforehand?

Usually we use Lighthouse parking and will probably continue to use this upcoming cruise. I always found it better dropping off our luggage at the terminal first then parking and taking the shuttle back to the terminal. I just want to make sure we are still able to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be our first time having to use the staggered check in process in Galveston, do you know if you are still able to drop off your luggage with the porters beforehand?

Usually we use Lighthouse parking and will probably continue to use this upcoming cruise. I always found it better dropping off our luggage at the terminal first then parking and taking the shuttle back to the terminal. I just want to make sure we are still able to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Traffic can be very easy around the Port.:)

Stay off Harborside.

Avoids the crowds and the herd.

Do not follow signs to cruise terminals on causeway (bridge over Galveston Bay)

and do not get off I-45 at end of causeway at Harborside exit!

Continue straight onto Broadway to 22nd Street.

Left on 22nd and straight to PORT

and cross over Harborside, into entrance of Port right at Fisherman's Wharf.

SEE MAP

Terminal%20Map.PDF

galvestonmap_010614.pdf

Traffic can be very easy around the Port.:)

Stay off Harborside.

Avoids the crowds and the herd.

SEE MAP

Great maps! Thanks so much for sharing those!

May I ask what time is very early. Thanks

If I remember correctly, boarding started at 11am -- we arrived at the port at around 915 to drop off luggage and then our car at Park N Cruise. Processing was quick, and we were seated in the waiting area by 10.

We drive to Galveston that morning since its only a few hours away, and we arrive early to have some cushion time if there are any traffic issues. (And to stop at Buc-ee's in League City of course.) SSBs directions are spot on -- tried that route last time and it was so much easier than the Harborside mess.

• 4 weeks later...

Checkin starts at 11am....boarding is probably an hour later, starting with Platinum, Wedding parties, and FTTF. It goes pretty fast.

and YES....Carnival does enforce the check-in times. They look as you try to go in door, you need to have everything in your hand (boarding pass, the health questionaire filled out, etc)

• 1 month later...

Im assuming RCCL does not of staggered check in, since I wasn't asked/told about a time.

I think Carnival is really enforcing it so that people will buy FTTF. Before you know it, they will be selling more and more of these!

We have FTTF and we're going out of Galveston in October and I honestly can't remember how our arrival, check-in and boarding went last year in September. Our check-in for our upcoming cruise is 11 to 11:30... I thought FTTF could check-in earlier than that and then board in the first groups after Diamond, Platinum and Suite Guests when boarding starts. Is that correct? We're parking at the Galveston Park-n-Cruise again this year.