Luggage Tags

Hopeless67

I believe I read a post you have to print off luggage tags? If so why is princess not providing proper tags like most tour/cruise companies do?

Wayne:cool:

The Princess printed luggage tags are similar to most cruise lines but you may want to place them in a sleeve to protect them as they do not last on your luggage as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few cruise lines send real luggage tags anymore...if you want them in advance, you will need to print them, and somehow, make them into what you want. OR...get real tags from the porters when you arrive at your tour or ship.

Maybe you haven't cruised the mainstream lines in awhile, they all do paper printable tags and it has been done this way for a number of years. We have clear plastic luggage tag covers I bought on EBay for less than $10 which you slip the paper tag into. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe you haven't cruised the mainstream lines in awhile, they all do paper printable tags and it has been done this way for a number of years. We have clear plastic luggage tag covers I bought on EBay for less than $10 which you slip the paper tag into. Works great!

We have only been on 1 previous cruise (2009). Thanks for the info I have luggage tag covers as we've done 5 bus tours.

Wayne

We laminate our luggage tags after following the folding instructions; fold them in half lengthwise, then use a hole punch to make a hole in each end and then use three inch zip ties to fasten to luggage. Works great!!

We have only been on 1 previous cruise (2009). Thanks for the info I have luggage tag covers as we've done 5 bus tours.

Wayne

Here is some good info also.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2469270&highlight=luggage+tags

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455920&highlight=luggage+tags

I believe I read a post you have to print off luggage tags? If so why is princess not providing proper tags like most tour/cruise companies do?

I prefer printing the tags now. I can have enough tags for my need, including extras for possibly getting ripped.

Just think about how much money all the cruise lines save by making you print out your own tags. Here something to thing about. Do they have any stock in the company's that sell those clear plastic sleeves everyone is buying?? :) :)

Tony

Just think about how much money all the cruise lines save by making you print out your own tags. Here something to thing about. Do they have any stock in the company's that sell those clear plastic sleeves everyone is buying?? :) :)

Tony

Standby to launch the black helicopters and ready the aluminum foil, we have a new conspiracy theory! :evilsmile:

Which cruise lines still provide 'proper' luggage tags?

The oldest post I could find about princess luggage tag printing was from 2010.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1208568

...so this has been going on for quite a while.

As to why princess is doing this ... everyone has a guess.

Personally, I don't think it's to give everyone a fun arts and craft project before their cruise.

Standby to launch the black helicopters and ready the aluminum foil, we have a new conspiracy theory! :evilsmile:

Hi Doug,

I have a question how come they cover the black helicopters with the aluminum foil? Is it just to make them look shiny :confused: LOL.

Tony

Tony

Good point!

Princess implemented self-printed luggage tags in 2008... nine years ago. I would much rather print as many luggage tags as I want and need (I usually put two on each bag, one at the top, one on the side) rather than be limited. And, you don't have to wait for them. I took a cruise on HAL in early January 2009 and HAL mailed my tags, flight etickets, and hotel vouchers two weeks before sailing totally ignoring the fact that I was taking a 4-day pre-cruise HAL tour and there were two major, long holiday weekends between mailing and sailing. I finally got my docs the day before leaving home. That was way too close for comfort and I had no way to print out any of the docs. HAL very nicely recognized their mistake and included substantial perks during the cruise.

Amazon also sell them for £8.00 + £3.99 postage ( which I thought was a bit steep) for a set of 6.

I recently bought a set, as the Celebrity / Azamara ones which I had were too narrow for Princess. They were dispatched the same day and arrived the next day, so all ready for embarkation now.

• 3 months later...

Hello --

I just was able to print out our boarding passes for our upcoming cruise. However, the luggage tags are wider & much shorter than prior tags. They do not fit in the plastic cruise luggage tags I have used on many cruises. Not even sure they would fit around a luggage handle.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello --

I just was able to print out our boarding passes for our upcoming cruise. However, the luggage tags are wider & much shorter than prior tags. They do not fit in the plastic cruise luggage tags I have used on many cruises. Not even sure they would fit around a luggage handle.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I bought a new set of see through covers from Amazon, as the previous ones are for Azamara/ Celebrity/ RCCL, which are narrower.

I bought a new set of see through covers from Amazon, as the previous ones are for Azamara/ Celebrity/ RCCL, which are narrower.

The narrower plastic tags I have used to fit Princess luggage tags (as recently as last month). I just spoke to Princess on these new ones and evidently they have just changed the style to this shorter, wider one.

Thanks for the info about Amazon...