Pacific Princess dry dock refurbishment

ilovhywd

Does anyone have any information on what is planned for the upcoming dry dock?

(Tried the search feature but nothing comes up!)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Routine. Standard dry dock done on all ships every three years. Most of what's done is unnoticed by passengers. The hull will be scraped and repainted, the engines serviced, thrusters cleaned, propellers checked, carpeting and public areas deep cleaned, electronics (system, navigational, communications, entertainment) will be updated, etc. I didn't check to see when the Pacific is getting the new bedding but assume it'll be then. Wiring will be in place for the new Medallions.

... Wiring will be in place for the new Medallions.

Not sure this will happen. Have you seen an announcement for roll out of the Medallions on the Pacific Princess?

It's still questionable whether Princess intends to keep the Pacific Princess for the long haul. Yes, I know a CC member in a thread a while ago said something about a long term commitment to the Pacific Princess but no evidence was offered. As you often say, "Follow the money".

Hey, I'm not trying to be a wet-blanket. I want her to stay in the fleet as we're booked on her for 54 days next year.

We just returned home after 18 days on Pacific Princess and we were told that the cabins are all getting updated and that there was going to be quite a lot of work done on the interior. What exactly that means, I have no idea and perhaps that was just one of those rumours that fly around.

We were told that Club class was also going to be introduced but I guess we will have to wait until something is officially announced regarding any of the internal updates.

Drydock is showing May of this year for the Pacific. We will be on the Transatlantic in 2018. :)

Yes, if they were doing the Medallion upgrade on her this May, I'd think they would have announced that. It is a big deal after all.

We were told that Club class was also going to be introduced but I guess we will have to wait until something is officially announced regarding any of the internal updates.
Per Princess website CC roll out for this ship is June 9, 2017.

We just returned home after 18 days on Pacific Princess and we were told that the cabins are all getting updated and that there was going to be quite a lot of work done on the interior. What exactly that means, I have no idea and perhaps that was just one of those rumours that fly around.

They are definitely going to have Club Class as I was doing a mock booking and the cabin I picked was a Club Class cabin. Not many though, under 20. Of course, there aren't many total minis so that makes sense.

They are definitely going to have Club Class as I was doing a mock booking and the cabin I picked was a Club Class cabin.

It will be interesting to see how tCC is implemented on this ship since it does not have anytime dining.

o Will they add anytime in a section of the Club Restaurant just for CC passengers?

o Will they keep only traditional times for CC passengers and just have the CC passengers in a small section of the Club Restaurant with the special tablecloths and the extra item per evening on the menu?

o other?

Thanks, Pam. We were hoping for some updated interior decoration. The cabins need some modernization - new color scheme, etc. It's still one of our favorite ships!

I may be the oddball here, but I happen to love the existing décor on the Pacific. It harkens back to an earlier time of cruising, and I find it charming.

I may be the oddball here, but I happen to love the existing décor on the Pacific. It harkens back to an earlier time of cruising, and I find it charming.

I would pretty much agree. We were on the Pacific in November and most of December. We had a mini on Deck 8 and I thought it had just been refurbished, we really liked it. Only thing I would like to see updated in that cabin would be the TV lash up.

Drydock is showing May of this year for the Pacific. We will be on the Transatlantic in 2018. :)

Is the drydock on the west coast before the Panama Canal cruise or on the east coast when it gets to the other side?

Bob

It only showed a month and not a location. I presume it is after the trans canal cruise which would make it an eastern location. I think I'll look for a location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It will be interesting to see how tCC is implemented on this ship since it does not have anytime dining.

o Will they add anytime in a section of the Club Restaurant just for CC passengers?

o Will they keep only traditional times for CC passengers and just have the CC passengers in a small section of the Club Restaurant with the special tablecloths and the extra item per evening on the menu?

o other?

I agree. I would hope the Club Class gets you more then 4 inches from your fellow tables. Last time on that ship we were so close (at a table for 4) that the table next to us was empty so we kept taking their bread. Just reached out our arm and poof! gone. I would think it would be next to impossible to add more times since they don't have anytime dining. I'm sure we'll find out long before I can afford that World Cruise.

Granted the Pacific's Club Restaurant isn't that big, but it has only 14 CC minis and 10 suites, so if you can eat in the CC area any time you want, that shouldn't require much space. I'm looking forward to it.

Re: "harkens back to an earlier time of cruising".

Just curious, how old are you? Is that "earlier time" of cruising, mean when all men wore tuxedos, and all women wore long gowns?

Enjoy your cruise. And if God wills, you have good heath, and don't die before you next cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to stay alive."

Granted the Pacific's Club Restaurant isn't that big, but it has only 14 CC minis and 10 suites, so if you can eat in the CC area any time you want, that shouldn't require much space. I'm looking forward to it.

Space for at least 48 passengers would be needed if they are to be able to drop in anytime.

Space for at least 48 passengers would be needed if they are to be able to drop in anytime.

Perhaps they might use Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse whichever is not being used that night, for Club class dining?

Apologies if this posts twice as my previous effort seems to have died after I hit the Submit button:confused: