Maui beach close to POA?

Pickles61

My plans changed for tomorrow at Maui. I'll have a car and would like to go to a nice beach closer to the ship with snorkeling if possible. Any suggestions? I'm sound the sunrise tour in the morning so I won't get the car till around 10.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My plans changed for tomorrow at Maui. I'll have a car and would like to go to a nice beach closer to the ship with snorkeling if possible. Any suggestions? I'm sound the sunrise tour in the morning so I won't get the car till around 10

Kihei and Wailea would be your best bet. If you drive the length of South Kihei Road from its beginning to Wailea, you will pass a number of beaches. Take your choice and enjoy. If you want lunch, South Kihei Road has almost everything. If you want directions from the ship, let us know and we'll write tonight so you will be good to go tomorrow.

Kihei and Wailea would be your best bet. If you drive the length of South Kihei Road from its beginning to Wailea, you will pass a number of beaches. Take your choice and enjoy. If you want lunch, South Kihei Road has almost everything. If you want directions from the ship, let us know and we'll write tonight so you will be good to go tomorrow.

Hi

Thank you. If you can give me directions or an address (I can gps it) that would be great. Thank you so much. Can you rent chairs at any of these beaches? I'll be in the water but my friend likes to stay on dry land [emoji4]

Hi

Thank you. If you can give me directions or an address (I can gps it) that would be great. Thank you so much. Can you rent chairs at any of these beaches? I'll be in the water but my friend likes to stay on dry land

The beaches will extend from Kihei through Wailea to Makena. South Kihei Road will change names as it goes into Wailea and then Makena, but just drive until you see what you want. Parking is usually easier in Kihei than in Wailea. For chair rentals, Snorkel Bob has multiple locations around the island and has been in business for years. The two Kihei locations are 1279 South Kihei Road, #310 and 2411 South Kihei Road #A2. One is in Azeka Plaza, which you could probably find with your gps. Do note Azeka Plaza is on both sides of the street. While we have never had need for his stuff, his places seem reputable. Hope this helps!

The beaches will extend from Kihei through Wailea to Makena. South Kihei Road will change names as it goes into Wailea and then Makena, but just drive until you see what you want. Parking is usually easier in Kihei than in Wailea. For chair rentals, Snorkel Bob has multiple locations around the island and has been in business for years. The two Kihei locations are 1279 South Kihei Road, #310 and 2411 South Kihei Road #A2. One is in Azeka Plaza, which you could probably find with your gps. Do note Azeka Plaza is on both sides of the street. While we have never had need for his stuff, his places seem reputable. Hope this helps!

Thank you. We will be heading to the beaches you suggested

• 1 month later...

And how was your travel time, hoping you remember roughly the time you went? To where you ended up and back? Any tips or insight you could add now that you've done it are definitely greatly appreciated.

And how was your travel time, hoping you remember roughly the time you went? To where you ended up and back? Any tips or insight you could add now that you've done it are definitely greatly appreciated.

Roughly half an hour from the ship to Wailea. A bit less than that for Kihei. A very easy and direct drive from the ship. Wailea is more upscale than Kihei. Wailea has luxury resorts. Kihei has a ton of shops and restaurants. Many beaches in both areas (which rather run into each other). It just depends what you are looking for.

Thank you, will be mostly just looking for a nice beach with parking, not picky, just happy to know its rather straight forward with a rental car even if you don't know Maui. And would have thought the travel time was a LOT more so Thank You! I do know traffic conditions can change, it was just so nice having an idea its an easy venture out.