Galveston limo

toxicfairy

Anyone who has used this service , how far in advance should I book them? We're cruiseing out of Galveston late August. Staying at hotel by Hobby airport night before cruise. Trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks for any info.

Also ask this on the Gulf Coast Departures forum for more reports: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

we are sailing in early November and are looking at staying the night before sailing at a hotel near the HOB airport and then taking a shuttle service from the airport the morning.

So we will do the free shuttle service from HOB to hotel, then the free shuttle service in the am from hotel to HOB and be picked up by Island Breeze.

I was quoted by Island Breeze Shuttle r/t HOB/Galveston/HOB will be $203.

I have used Royal Limo. 281-900-6765 Call for a quote. They picked us up from HOB to a hotel on Galveston Island. On return picked us up at the port and back to HOB. Great service and good price. They called the day before our trip to confirm and again when we arrived in port. We were delayed for and hour going through customs and they waited for us with no problem. You can book now but they only need a few days notice. You pay the driver after each trip, they accept cash of credit.

Thanks everyone. I looked into a few services and got crazy prices execpt Galveston Limo who quoted $160 round trip for 4 people! I'll take it!

Please report back and let us know how it goes.

I booked Galveston Limo for my daughter and her new husband for their honeymoon cruise. Because I wanted to make sure they weren't piled into a van with others or luggage misplaced...I went with a town car just for the two of them. One way was all that I booked because my brother in law was back from the wedding and lives in Houston so he picked them up after the cruise. The limo was on time no issues. They enjoyed having the private town car. I would use them again. However we probably won't cruise from Galveston again just because of the long round trip from hobby and cost for the transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I were you I would stay in a hotel in Galveston by the pier, they are much nicer and safer.

We got lucky one time almost 10 years ago and got a room in the Harbor House right next on the channel where the ships dock. Nice hotel, but tough to get a one-night stay on the weekend.

We got lucky one time almost 10 years ago and got a room in the Harbor House right next on the channel where the ships dock. Nice hotel, but tough to get a one-night stay on the weekend.

My daughter was thrilled to be able to book Harbour House for one night before her Vision Cruise Thanksgiving week. She will also leave the car parked there for $10 a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked a one night stay post cruise at Harbor House several years ago as well. The only reason we were able to do this was that the next night there was a huge celebration-it was the inaugural cruise for Carnival. They had Maroon 5 scheduled to play-wouldn't have minded having to stay an extra night for that..... Our room had a bird's eye view of the terminal and temporary state! :cool:

We used ExecuCar for transportation from Galveston to IAH. Booked it in April for a November trip. Always want to have everything set and ready well ahead of time.

I can't seem to get them to give me a quote. Get an error saying that its outside their service area. Flying out of Hobby though not IAH.

Uuggg! Just called Galveston Limo and to be picked up At hotel near aiport dropped at cruise port $180 then from cruise port to airport another $100. NOT what i was quoted on line. But if i go back to the airport i can get a shared ride with the original price. Yuck that means getting 2 shuttles the morning of the cruise. 1 back to the airport and one from airport to cruise port😣

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Uuggg! Just called Galveston Limo and to be picked up At hotel near aiport dropped at cruise port $180 then from cruise port to airport another $100. NOT what i was quoted on line. But if i go back to the airport i can get a shared ride with the original price. Yuck that means getting 2 shuttles the morning of the cruise. 1 back to the airport and one from airport to cruise port

I'd check out the price of the one week rental car and parking at the port.

Called the hotel the lady at the front desk said she has a guy ( taxi~van) one way $100 so we don't have to go back and forth to the airport. Then I'll get Galveston Limo back to airport on sept 3rd. So $200 instead of $280 . ( plus tips of course) and all this on top of Rapid rover to and from airport at home😣. We won't fit in my pick up and the luggage won't fit in either of dd's cars! Man what I'll do for a cruise😂

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Edited by toxicfairy

problem with renting a car is 4 adults ( DD's will be 20 & 25 in July) and 8 pieces of luggage! I can't cut back and asking them to would be hazardous...haha. it's 2 pc. for dh, a 3pc set for me and a 3pc set between the girls .One of mine contains most of our heels and flip flops,

clarea.....clarea....clarea.....BOB....HELP!

I found Cruise connection...for a decent price. We have never done Galveston before so I need HELP ! I booked 2:30 flights out of Hobby. and Cruise connect has a few seats left for the 9:30-10:00 spot for pick up at the cruise port. Is this a doable off the ship bags in hand time? The next time slot was full and the one after that would be too late12:00-1:10. We are not even thinking about self depart that would be like a serious circus show {think circ de sole} 4 people 8 pieces luggage. I would imagine 3 miserable girls and my DH leaving us all at port. Thanks for any help I posted same question minus the screaming your names on the port page too. only 11 seats left and I wanna book but just need to know if that is too early. Thank you oh wise and worldly traveler ;}

P.S. we will be booked in a GS if that helps at all.

clarea.....clarea....clarea.....BOB....HELP!

I found Cruise connection...for a decent price. We have never done Galveston before so I need HELP ! I booked 2:30 flights out of Hobby. and Cruise connect has a few seats left for the 9:30-10:00 spot for pick up at the cruise port. Is this a doable off the ship bags in hand time? The next time slot was full and the one after that would be too late12:00-1:10. We are not even thinking about self depart that would be like a serious circus show {think circ de sole} 4 people 8 pieces luggage. I would imagine 3 miserable girls and my DH leaving us all at port. Thanks for any help I posted same question minus the screaming your names on the port page too. only 11 seats left and I wanna book but just need to know if that is too early. Thank you oh wise and worldly traveler ;}

P.S. we will be booked in a GS if that helps at all.

The fact that you are booked in a GS means you will get the earliest luggage tag numbers. However, I do not recall the scheduled arrival time for Liberty, and I cannot find a departure flyer for Liberty. My guess would be that the earliest tags would be scheduled around 90 minutes after scheduled arrival time.