Fantasy rain forest tickets?

I see where we can pre-purchase day tickets to the spa rainforest. I read somewhere you can buy Day, 3 or week pass also pay extra for scrubs.

If so, can you let a family member go in your place if yu do not want to go? Would like to treat my daughter and her husband but not sure if I can do this on the boat. Thank you.

Multi day passes are sold only on the ship. The pass is for a person, so no, you are not supposed to give someone else your KTTW and let them go instead of you. There is typically a large discount on a "couple's pass" where a couple is defined as any two people--so you could purchase a couple's pass for your daughter and her husband...or for you and your daughter or any other combination.

The "length of cruise" pass is a good deal only if you go every day. Miss one day and you'd have been better off with individual day passes. The shorter passes (3/4/5 day on a 7 day cruise) work better for me as they allow me to select which days I don't go and still get a discount over individual days. When you go to the spa tour, they give you a bit of a hard sell about how they only sell a certain number of these passes and when they are gone, too bad. I've even had them name specific numbers on other cruise lines (the spa is operated by the same company on each line I've been on and each line has something that resembles the rain forest). But I've NEVER had them refuse to take my money when I wanted to use the facility. I've read of it happening on the Dream and Fantasy, but never experienced it myself or with any person I know. Another thought--I've found that I love it on "off season" cooler cruises, but not so much on warm weather cruises.

Multi day passes are sold only on the ship. The pass is for a person' date=' so no, you are not supposed to give someone else your KTTW and let them go instead of you. There is typically a large discount on a "couple's pass" where a couple is defined as any two people--so you could purchase a couple's pass for your daughter and her husband...or for you and your daughter or any other combination.

The "length of cruise" pass is a good deal only if you go every day. Miss one day and you'd have been better off with individual day passes. The shorter passes (3/4/5 day on a 7 day cruise) work better for me as they allow me to select which days I don't go and still get a discount over individual days. When you go to the spa tour, they give you a bit of a hard sell about how they only sell a certain number of these passes and when they are gone, too bad. I've even had them name specific numbers on other cruise lines (the spa is operated by the same company on each line I've been on and each line has something that resembles the rain forest). But I've NEVER had them refuse to take my money when I wanted to use the facility. I've read of it happening on the Dream and Fantasy, but never experienced it myself or with any person I know. Another thought--I've found that I love it on "off season" cooler cruises, but not so much on warm weather cruises.[/quote']

Thank you very much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll repeat what I told Yaya before her cruise--a "length of cruise" pass is only a good deal if you go every day. Miss one day and you are wasting money. A "couple's pass" is a better deal than 2 length of cruise passes, but still only a good value if you go almost each day. I find a "multi-day" pass to be better than a "length of cruise" because I can purchase a 3 or 4 day pass and choose which days I'll use it. I also find that I use it more on "off season" cruises with cooler weather than on late spring or summer cruises.

In my experience, they won't apply the cost of a one day pass to a longer pass after you've used the one day (you can't try it out and then upgrade), but your experience may vary. You can tour the facility before purchasing a multi-day...and you can buy a one day, use it, and then do a 3 day pass.

Moki, you were right. They talked me into the week package for $199 (plus tip) a couple if we booked the 1st day.

I did then found out it was per person. I went to guest service's that night and got a refund. My son and wife was not that impressed and Really did not think it was worth $460.00.

My other big objection is that the facility on the Fantasy is MUCH nicer than on the Magic and Wonder, but the cost is the same. Yes, I know that the price is set by Steiner (who operates the spa). Also, adding the "gratuity" to the rainforest grates against me--it is not a "hands on" service and the spa personnel don't maintain the rainforest area. At least the people I've seen are DCL housekeeping staff cleaning and replenishing towels. And I don't know why, but I really doubt that they get a share of that gratuity.

Wow, it is up to $199 per person now? That's really high for a week. It is a lovely occasional thing, but I won't buy the length of cruise again.

Then they were going to double charge me. In which case I am even more greatful that we were able to cancel it.

Very important to check statements carefully!

If I were guessing, they probably put in one pass for you and whoever else was in your cabin and one for daughter and her husband when you said you wanted to buy for daughter/husband. They don't always listen and are very big on selling.