Grand Lucayan Resort

kprestidge07

Does anyone have any feedback? We're crushing to Freeport & Nassau in July and none of the carnival excursions in Freeport interest me. We're thinking about getting a day pass to this resort. Is it hard to get a taxi back to the port? Is the snorkeling expensive to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went a few years ago to Grand Lucayan and loved it. About a 15 or 20 minute taxi ride each way. Make sure you go back early as they wait to fill up the taxi/vans before they leave so it can be a while. Also, check if it has air conditioning before you get in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We did it three years ago on the Dream - it was a very nice resort with a nice pool and beach area. There is a market area across the street that you can walk to . I agree with giving yourself plenty of time for the return and for making sure the van has A/C. They will pack you on very tightly and it is about a 15 minute or so drive.

I went to Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan last week during my cruise. Just as a tip, the actual Grand Lucayan Resort is closed, they will tell you that when you are trying to get a taxi. However, Lighthouse Pointe is open and is on the same property as the resort. My boyfriend and I went and really enjoyed it. There is a large swimming pool, a whirlpool, a lap pool, and of course the beach area. There are people also at the beach area selling water sport activities, if that's something you would be interested in.

I went to Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan last week during my cruise. Just as a tip, the actual Grand Lucayan Resort is closed, they will tell you that when you are trying to get a taxi. However, Lighthouse Pointe is open and is on the same property as the resort. My boyfriend and I went and really enjoyed it. There is a large swimming pool, a whirlpool, a lap pool, and of course the beach area. There are people also at the beach area selling water sport activities, if that's something you would be interested in.

Did Lighthouse require reservations? What was the cost and what amenities were included?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Grand Lucayan is still closed? We booked day passes here for next month :confused: