Computer glitch for balance due

cadcruiser

I noticed the balance due on my online account for my upcoming cruise showed over $2000 extra than my invoice. I called Azamara this morning and was told there was a computer glitch and this would be forwarded to the revenue dept. and I would receive the correct invoice in a couple of hours.

I noticed later that my balance due went up another $200 and I had not received a new invoice so I called back. The person I spoke to was able to send me a new invoice with the proper charges but missing my onboard credit. After straightening this up, I checked my balance online and noticed I now owe over $300 more than my invoice shows.

I called back again and was told it would take 7 to 10 business days to fix.

Bonnie, is there anyone I can contact to have this corrected?

I think this is a computer issue. On my last cruise every time I looked at my reservation online, the amount that it showed as owing was different. I ignored it and just depended on the invoice I had been emailed. It is that invoice that matters, never mind what it says online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this is a computer issue. On my last cruise every time I looked at my reservation online, the amount that it showed as owing was different. I ignored it and just depended on the invoice I had been emailed. It is that invoice that matters, never mind what it says online.

What worries me is when I call Azamara I am told they see a higher amount owing than what's on my invoice and when they try to correct it I am missing obc.

When I make final payment I'm hoping my reservation doesn't change to an outstanding balance and have it cancelled.

Many years ago I had my Celebrity cruise reservation cancelled due to a computer glitch even though I had my invoice indicating I paid in full.

Has Azamara considered getting a new and more competent tech department? Haven't used RCCL's but could it really be this glitchy? And non-user friendly?

Their call centre is just as bad as their tech department.

I called the LCV number and every time I called I was told I reached reservations and they couldn't help me because I had to speak to my travel agent. I booked directly with Azamara. I mentioned I called the LCV number and they said they did everything.

The last person I spoke with told me I shouldn't expect to receive the correct invoice in a couple of hours as promised. I now have to wait 7 to 10 business days just for an invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a phone call from Azamara customer service 9 days ago and was asked to send a screenshot of my online reservation. I was told it would take 72 hours to fix.

My balance due was still higher so I sent another email yesterday to inquire. I received an email stating it was escalated to the IT department.

I don't have much hope that it will be fixed.

I often find that the online account does not match my invoice. I take my invoice as being correct, rather than my online account

While that's logical, it's dangerous. The ship probably gets their passenger list from this same convoluted system and you may show up at the pier to find they didn't get your invoice, they got your online amount showing not paid and cancelled. If you are lucky, the cabin might still be available and you can board based on the invoice you should take with you, but what if you can't?

The three websites (Azamara, RCL and Celebrity) are very different but all have multiple glaring technical weaknesses. I wonder if there is just one corporate IT department with different groups responsible for each line. It is very difficult to replace a complete website, but the constant patching over the past few years is not serving any of the lines very well.

I wonder how many people who try one of them for the first time give up and go somewhere else? It is possible to have a sophisticated, user-friendly operation. Look at Amazon as a good example.

While that's logical, it's dangerous. The ship probably gets their passenger list from this same convoluted system and you may show up at the pier to find they didn't get your invoice, they got your online amount showing not paid and cancelled. If you are lucky, the cabin might still be available and you can board based on the invoice you should take with you, but what if you can't?

The three websites (Azamara, RCL and Celebrity) are very different but all have multiple glaring technical weaknesses. I wonder if there is just one corporate IT department with different groups responsible for each line. It is very difficult to replace a complete website, but the constant patching over the past few years is not serving any of the lines very well.

I wonder how many people who try one of them for the first time give up and go somewhere else? It is possible to have a sophisticated, user-friendly operation. Look at Amazon as a good example.

hi

I said this once before on another thread. These are outsourced IT departments kinda like with the airlines. They are not in house. Note how they always say we will inform the IT dept and never give you a direct line to email or phone number to IT, only to customer service who then says we will inform IT. That is why. Clearly they need a new company.

I wish I could get in their and straighten the mess out. My web people could do it without the fooling around and people being hassled with non answers.

Kathy

hi

I said this once before on another thread. These are outsourced IT departments kinda like with the airlines. They are not in house. Note how they always say we will inform the IT dept and never give you a direct line to email or phone number to IT, only to customer service who then says we will inform IT. That is why. Clearly they need a new company.

I wish I could get in their and straighten the mess out. My web people could do it without the fooling around and people being hassled with non answers.

Kathy

I did not know that. I think it would be a wonderful thing if they had a competent web design team create an all new system. I have worked in systems design and believe a good team of 3-4 analysts could come up with a good blue print in less than 6 months and a reasonable sized team could implement a test version in another 6-9 months.

Since I retired, I miss the challenge but it seems to me that the analysis should include groups representing areas such as:

Customers (ease of use, what would enhance the research and buying process, etc.)

Management (metrics needed for decision-making)

Business departments (accounting, statistics, scheduling, forecasting, personnel, logistics, purchasing, etc.)

Marketing (pricing, load forecasting, historical statistics, demographics, route planning, etc.)

Technology (database design, available technology, volume processing, scalability, ease of maintenance/upgrades, etc.).

There are more, but this short list does illustrate the complexity for those who think it is really simple. It isn't, but it also isn't too difficult for a large company to undertake.

We as customers can't see much detail except for the first of these and that is incredibly weak so it isn't a stretch to think the behind-the-scenes elements are also pretty poor.

I would be happy to be part of a customer-populated focus group to advise and test.

Bonnie, you should let management know that there is at least one person out there that would willingly participate at no pay and I'd bet there would be no shortage of experts who would join me. :D

I received a phone call from Azamara customer service 9 days ago and was asked to send a screenshot of my online reservation. I was told it would take 72 hours to fix.

My balance due was still higher so I sent another email yesterday to inquire. I received an email stating it was escalated to the IT department.

I don't have much hope that it will be fixed.

I'm sorry you don't have resolution yet. Please don't give up hope. I'll send this up the flagpole again and try to get this resolved! :o