Missing Japan 2019 Cruise!

Tartanbuster

Our 13th April 2019 Hong Kong to Tokyo Japan cruise has disappeared from Azamara website.

(Also 29 March 2019 Singapore to Hong Kong cruise has gone)

My fears are that Azamara are going to replace these two cruises with a charter, which if so, will completely ruin our plans, as we are B2B with the Japan intensive cruise on 27 April 2019.

Wondering if anyone else knows more about this, as I believe Azamara has history for this sort of thing.?

Are you sure that they have not just sold out?

In my experience, when a cruise is sold out, you can still pull it up in Cruising Power (the TA website). When I looked at it yesterday, I couldn't even do that, it just said "not avaiable," or words to that effect.

The China & Japan cruise and the Alaska to Japan cruise are still showing on the UK website, but not Circle Japan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Circle Japan is off the Azamara site. The ones prior are showing as sold out (on a European website) Grrrr. I have sent off an email to our TA to ask her to look into it. I was so looking forward to the Circle Japan. Really hoping it's either a glitch or sold out and not a charter.

We were told on the LCV cruise that, because the Japan intensive cruise was so popular, Azamara was looking to rearrange the schedule to create another. That might be what we're seeing.

Now that would be azamazing!

We were told on the LCV cruise that, because the Japan intensive cruise was so popular, Azamara was looking to rearrange the schedule to create another. That might be what we're seeing.

We are now beginning to feel decidedly "un-reassured"

This does not look good, now that the Japan intensive has also gone from the website

As well as cancellation of cruises to charter out their ships, I believe Azamara also has history of drastic itinerary changes (e.g. Cuba).....if this is the case here, it will not go down well with us!

We're on Circle Japan leaving on 27 April 2019.

This is the email I received from my TA last Friday.

I have been asked by Azamara Club Cruises to advise you of a change to the originally advertised itinerary.

Due to the seasonal fishing fleet in the Inland Sea, Azamara must arrive before sunrise. As a result, your cruise operator has made the following amendments to the schedule.

The departure time from Hiroshima on Monday 6th May will now be 6pm, rather than 10pm.

Cruising on the Inland Sea will be conducted on Monday 6th May, following the call to Hiroshima, rather than on Tuesday 7th May.

Arrival to Takamatsu on Tuesday 7th May will be at 5am, rather than 12pm.

The revised portion of the itinerary is now as follows;-

06/05/19 Hiroshima, Japan – Arrive 8am & Depart 6pm

06/05/19 Cruising the Inland Sea

07/05/19 Takamatsu, Japan – Arrive 5am & Depart 8pm

Hi,

If the cruise is so popular, why are they changing it?

Sometimes changes are caused by events beyond the cruise line's control. A recent Quest cruise substituted Amalfi for Taormina when the G7 meeting in Taormina required additional security that would have precluded some shore excursions and independent activity from taking place.

It appears that is the case with the Japan intensive cruise.

We have also not received any email about changes to the Circle Japan cruise, however if all that is happening is the itinerary change shown above then that seems relatively minor. It does make me wonder though why the itinerary has been gone from the website for several days if it is just a question of changing a couple of arrival/departure times. Bonnie, could you possibly confirm for us that there will be no changes to the actual start date of the cruise? I know the end date is the same as the cruise from Tokyo to Alaska is still on the website. Thanks!

We are seriously considering this cruise. Azamara guest services confirmed that there is a revised itinerary with three small changes as previously described in an early post. The departure date has not been changed. The only negative I see in the new itinerary is a departure from Hiroshima at 6pm and not 10pm. Certainly not a game changer.

We have also not received any email about changes to the Circle Japan cruise, however if all that is happening is the itinerary change shown above then that seems relatively minor. It does make me wonder though why the itinerary has been gone from the website for several days if it is just a question of changing a couple of arrival/departure times. Bonnie, could you possibly confirm for us that there will be no changes to the actual start date of the cruise? I know the end date is the same as the cruise from Tokyo to Alaska is still on the website. Thanks!

The start date is the same, 27APR19.