Galveston travelers: major road closures this weekend 6-9 to 6-12

Apologies if this is a duplicate post but I would hate for anyone to miss this! Houston will have numerous road closures this weekend including I-45. Traffic to Galveston is bad enough without this added headache...

As I read elsewhere.

This closure supposely for final paint stripping

of 5 lanes southbound passed beltway 8 toward NASA One . Northbound is not closed. Finally they are completing section of freeway both sides 10 lanes between beltway 8 and NASA One .

The closure is from Fuqua to FM1959/Dixie,Farm Rd on 45. It is a 5 mile stretch. Yes an inconvenience, but it will not be a catastrophe. The feeder roads are open. I live in Webster right off 45 2 exits south of this closure, you will be fine allow yourself 30 extra minutes ( you will probably need only 15...lol)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The closure is from Fuqua to FM1959/Dixie,Farm Rd on 45. It is a 5 mile stretch. Yes an inconvenience, but it will not be a catastrophe. The feeder roads are open. I live in Webster right off 45 2 exits south of this closure, you will be fine allow yourself 30 extra minutes ( you will probably need only 15...lol)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Is it your understanding it is only southbound?

Wish I read this BEFORE we left Galveston yesterday!

I45 Was COMPLETELY closed at New Waverly (~50 miles north of Houston) for removal of an overpass and it took us nearly 2 hours to go 3 miles because of it. Glad we were coming home and not trying to get TO Galveston.

Tx DOT apparently didn't bother to survey how much traffic that would impact before making this decision.

Wonder how many people didn't make it to Galveston on time yesterday.