Hotels with free shuttle in New Orleans

ammoore36

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in New Orleans close to port OR maybe between port and Bourbon street -- and it add extra if possible free shuttle from airport or at least to cruise port?

I have never cruised out of New Orleans - thanks everyone !!!

A hotel down there with a cruise port shuttle doesn't exist to my knowledge. If you don't want to take a cab or uber your best bet is to stay near the riverwalk mall. You can walk through the mall to the port. Hilton Riverside is connected to the mall. Embassy Suites is another I have walked to the mall from...about two blocks away. Hotels in the New Orleans convention center area would be close. When are you sailing? I assume you are flying in?

Things may have changed in three years, but I was looking for exactly what you are and failed to find a hotel with a free cruise port shuttle. We wound up at a Choice chain hotel about three blocks from Bourbon St and 20 blocks or so (from memory) to the cruise port so the taxi fare was cheap. I was happy with our choice because the day we spent in NOLA we could walk everywhere, not just Bourbon St. (be advised, it's much MORE than you've read about it at night - it is a cesspool of debauchery, be careful to avoid stepping on the used condoms here and there on the sidewalks) but some really nice places like Jackson Square.

A hotel down there with a cruise port shuttle doesn't exist to my knowledge. If you don't want to take a cab or uber your best bet is to stay near the riverwalk mall. You can walk through the mall to the port. Hilton Riverside is connected to the mall. Embassy Suites is another I have walked to the mall from...about two blocks away. Hotels in the New Orleans convention center area would be close. When are you sailing? I assume you are flying in?

Thank you - we are flying in Oct 21st -

I appreciate the quick responses. :) I don't mind taking Uber or a taxi but because I don't know the area- if i could save money on a free shuttle one way - I would try too..I am going the day before the cruise ( vacation time limits- just got off the Vista in May) so I want to see as much as possible.

I appreciate the quick responses. :) I don't mind taking Uber or a taxi but because I don't know the area- if i could save money on a free shuttle one way - I would try too..I am going the day before the cruise ( vacation time limits- just got off the Vista in May) so I want to see as much as possible.

You're going to have to take a taxi, uber, or lyft at some point. The question is how many times do you have to take it. If you stay out by the airport you can get a hotel with a free shuttle to and from the airport. But then you'll have to take a taxi, uber, or lyft to the port the next day. If you stay in the french quarter, you'll have to take a taxi, uber or lyft to your hotel. Then another to the port. If you stay in the convention center area you would have to take a taxi, uber, or lyft to your hotel but then you could potentially walk through the riverwalk mall to the port.

Oct 21st...saturday nights are always bad in new orleans. But at least the Saints are in Green Bay that weekend and voodoo fest in the next weekend. Booking straight up, hotels close to the port and bourbon street are $270-400 that night....before taxes.

I book my hotels on hotwire. With those you have to prepay but instead of paying $300, you can get it for $175.

Here's what I would do. Right now on hotwire. 4* in the French Quarter-Mississippi River area with 90% recommendation. Spa Services and Tennis Nearby included in the list of amenities for $174..That's $222 after taxes. If you need two beds search for 2 adults and 2 children and that guarantees it but it looks like they have an option for you to pick 2 queen, 1 king, or 1 murphy. Anyways. This hotel is the Hilton Riverside which connects to the riverwalk mall which you can walk to the port through. Additionally outside is a streetcar stop where you can take a streetcar to the french quarter. A 1 day unlimited ride pass is $3. Or it's about a 5 block walk to Bourbon Street. There's also a seafood restaurant called Drago's in the hotel. You should try their charbroiled oysters if you've never had them.

From the airport you're looking at about a $35 cab ride for two people or $15/pp for 3 or more people...And the same on the return trip. Uber and Lyft may be cheaper I don't know. Then you can walk to the port through the mall or it's about an $8pp cab ride if you don't want to walk.

Free and New Orleans do not go together. I have stayed at the Riverside Hilton many times for business. They have an airport shuttle and am not sure if it is free. The Hilton is within walking distance to the Hilton. Cruise ships porters come to the Hilton to pick-up luggage.

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in New Orleans close to port OR maybe between port and Bourbon street -- and it add extra if possible free shuttle from airport or at least to cruise port?

I have never cruised out of New Orleans - thanks everyone !!!

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and are staying there in September and they have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to port.

My dear husband and I are staying at the Comfort Suites in Kenner, La its near the airport.. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and their is a shuttle to the cruise port that cost $10 per person.. They also offer complimentary hot breakfast..

We are sailing on the Triumph on June 19

Just booked the Hyatt Place near the convention center that had a park and cruise package for our summer cruise. It includes free transportation to/ from terminal, free parking for night booked at hotel and $12 per day parking while on cruise. Best deal I found by far!