You cannot take it with you

uktog

As I start to pack to go back onboard Azamara :D I was looking around my bedroom and identified one thing I wish I could take with me but cannot.

It got me thinking, what is the one object (not person or animal) you wish you could take onboard but you cannot.

Mine actually has been onboard but it just will not work on the ships current, it is my very powerful can get perfect results with my eyes shut GHD Turbo hairdryer

- what is your missing object?

MY FRIENDS!

No, I am not joking. I wish I could take my friends on a long cruise like this but unlike myself none of them can get the time off or need to spend it with family.

I already had a 21 day cruise that I have to pay 100% supplement where I offered a free cruise to each of my friends but none could do the 21 days much less the extra three days in New Orleans.

I loved my solo cruises but there was always a moment that I wanted to turn and share with someone who I would be meeting later so we could say "Remember when we saw ......".

I hope I can make friends with the people on-board but I know the chances of meaning someone who I will see after the cruise is very very small.

Still, I still plan to enjoy myself.

I have not found one object i have not packed that i wanted and it did work on the ship.

I never use a hair dryer and my heating pad made it more than once. For cold weather i take my own tea bags.

So besides irons what does one really miss? Ann said no people or pets.

MY FRIENDS!

No, I am not joking. I wish I could take my friends on a long cruise like this but unlike myself none of them can get the time off or need to spend it with family.

I already had a 21 day cruise that I have to pay 100% supplement where I offered a free cruise to each of my friends but none could do the 21 days much less the extra three days in New Orleans.

I loved my solo cruises but there was always a moment that I wanted to turn and share with someone who I would be meeting later so we could say "Remember when we saw ......".

I hope I can make friends with the people on-board but I know the chances of meaning someone who I will see after the cruise is very very small.

Earl...I think you will find yourself making new friends and you may end up cruising with them again!...or seeing them in their home cities or they in yours! We have made friends all over the world via cruising and continue to cruise with many of them...some planned and some not! (we were even surprised once on an Azamara cruise by someone who didn't post on the Roll Call so we would be surprised when we saw them...I'm sure my face was "priceless" when I saw her in the lobby!!) LuAnn

As I start to pack to go back onboard Azamara :D I was looking around my bedroom and identified one thing I wish I could take with me but cannot.

It got me thinking, what is the one object (not person or animal) you wish you could take onboard but you cannot.

Mine actually has been onboard but it just will not work on the ships current, it is my very powerful can get perfect results with my eyes shut GHD Turbo hairdryer

- what is your missing object?

At first I thought that your "You cannot take it with you" post was a follow-on from your "skiing" plans!

At the risk of getting "flagged" for additional screening, :') I'm going to say I miss taking my tiny Swiss army tool. Heck you can't call it a knife because the blade is no bigger than a small nail file, but it also has a tiny pair of scissors and tweezers. I often find myself wanting to cut off a plastic tag, or snip a thread, pull out a splinter, but no, I can't carry on my little tool. I could pack it in checked luggage, but I worry it will just be removed or lost, an sometimes we don't always check bags.

At the risk of getting "flagged" for additional screening, :') I'm going to say I miss taking my tiny Swiss army tool. Heck you can't call it a knife because the blade is no bigger than a small nail file, but it also has a tiny pair of scissors and tweezers. I often find myself wanting to cut off a plastic tag, or snip a thread, pull out a splinter, but no, I can't carry on my little tool. I could pack it in checked luggage, but I worry it will just be removed or lost, an sometimes we don't always check bags.

I never thought that was a problem as long as it is in your checked -in luggage. I always travel with a Leatherman-tool in my suitcase. I think you will be OK.

MY FRIENDS!

This is very sweet. We wish we could take along our friends who cannot travel by ship because of severe sea-sickness.

With only two more sleeps before my next trip on the Journey I realize how much I will miss my pillows. I am not a fan of the new king-size pillows as they are impossible to use to support my shoulder, knee, or back, because they take up way too much bed real estate! I'll take two regular pillows over those king-size monsters any day. I do bring my small (8x12 inch neck pillow), but I wish Azamara had a pillow menu.

With only two more sleeps before my next trip on the Journey I realize how much I will miss my pillows. I am not a fan of the new king-size pillows as they are impossible to use to support my shoulder, knee, or back, because they take up way too much bed real estate! I'll take two regular pillows over those king-size monsters any day. I do bring my small (8x12 inch neck pillow), but I wish Azamara had a pillow menu.

Yes, I'd like to have a standard-size pillow, too. Funny thing is...I've never asked for one. Have you?

We find the standard duvet too warm and ask for a blanket. King-size blankets are scarce as hen's teeth, it seems, and a chore for stewards to find.

Yes, I'd like to have a standard-size pillow, too. Funny thing is...I've never asked for one. Have you?

We find the standard duvet too warm and ask for a blanket. King-size blankets are scarce as hen's teeth, it seems, and a chore for stewards to find.

Yes, I asked for standard pillows on my first day on the Journey in January and was told they were not available. However when I made the comment on my mid cruise comment card, two regular pillows were located, and I carried them onto to my next cabin on that B-2-B. In April on the Quest, I also made the same first day and mid cruise comment, but was told all standard pillows were thrown away during refurbishment. I think a lot of people do not like the king-size pillows as I noticed many OV window ledges pilled with them.

Agree about the duvets, I turn up the AC at night as I always overheat.

My butler took the duvet away and brought me a blanket; I didn't realize they were rare, but I simply can't sleep under a duvet. In hotels, I push the duvet to the bottom of the cover and sleep only under the cover.

I have a hard time without my electric toothbrush and my coffee maker. I'm so accustomed to getting up to fresh coffee at home. Room service is great but we find the coffee much too strong.

Regardless....I can live without these things for the pleasure of sailing.