Dining menues

travelberlin

The wines are different every day for a week at least, can't remember how often Discoveries menu changes. The speciality restaurants Prime C and Aqualina menus don't change. Remember if there is something you would really like but isn't on a menu, it's always worth asking to talk to the chef to see what he/she can do for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the recent 20 day cruise, the menus never repeated, though one or two items such as prime rib were on twice. One good thing you can view all the menus on the TV in your room on Day one and if you ask the maitre d they can tell you what buffet is planned each night. Makes advanced planning between MDR, buffet, patio and specialities much easier

On the recent 20 day cruise, the menus never repeated, though one or two items such as prime rib were on twice. One good thing you can view all the menus on the TV in your room on Day one and if you ask the maitre d they can tell you what buffet is planned each night. Makes advanced planning between MDR, buffet, patio and specialities much easier

This are good news! Thanks for the info.

I did not know they had 20 menus. I thought 14. my longest cruise was 18 nights. I tend to go from specialities to buffet, some nights no dinner as we are in port late.

Buffet themes for every evening are listed in the embarkation day's edition of Pursuits. You can also see the red and white wine choices for the next few days on your in-stateroom television.

Buffet themes for every evening are listed in the embarkation day's edition of Pursuits. You can also see the red and white wine choices for the next few days on your in-stateroom television.

Certainly if the buffet themed are listed that's also another great option to find info but they are not always- certainly not on my April/May versions.

I'm less bothered about the wines because they always work for me.

Will see what next cruise shows up in Pursuits

Certainly if the buffet themed are listed that's also another great option to find info but they are not always- certainly not on my April/May versions.

I'm less bothered about the wines because they always work for me.

Will see what next cruise shows up in Pursuits

On our seven December, March, April and May cruises on Quest the first day's Pursuits listed, on the front page, the daily itinerary, arrival and departure times in port, docked or tendered status, time zone changes, dates for Azamazing Evening and White Night, and the theme for every evening's buffet.

It is good they provide information on what the themes of the buffets are. I was more concerned about having too many repetitions. For example even though I enjoy the food served at the main restaurant, I am not sure if a menu which is not changed frequently would be attractive to me. But I understand the information giving by another poster, that Azamara has different menues every day for a period of 20 days and that then, they change the menue, so we again have different options for the next 20 days. Is this so?

I have seen the theme for the buffet listed for the cruise. but not always. also the chef can change his/her mind. on one cruise it happened as i was going and it changed to a theme i did not care for. They also use to tell us the shows at hte beginning of the cruise. which also could change. But it did help to book dinners and make evening plans.

I have seen the theme for the buffet listed for the cruise. but not always. also the chef can change his/her mind. on one cruise it happened as i was going and it changed to a theme i did not care for. They also use to tell us the shows at hte beginning of the cruise. which also could change. But it did help to book dinners and make evening plans.

I've never seen a list of the Cabaret shows at the beginning of the cruise. The last 79 nights we spent on Quest the theme buffets were dead on with the list given us at the start of the cruise.

There are at least 15, maybe more, menus for Discoveries. There are almost always no repeats unless the cruise is longer than the number of menus. However, if you are on for a back-to-back you will see repeats, as the cycle does not start at 1 and go sequentially to 15--or whatever it is--and then start over. I've seen menu 2--featuring prime rib--often served on the first night of a cruise. My point is, you will see repeats if you are doing back-to-back cruises, regardless of the length of each of the cruises.

Sounds like it's Quest that publishes its list. Our Last year has been on Journey. Buffets were swapped around on the May cruise partly supplies and also they were trying a good solution for White Nights which they had to change from the originally published plan.

Sounds like it's Quest that publishes its list. Our Last year has been on Journey. Buffets were swapped around on the May cruise partly supplies and also they were trying a good solution for White Nights which they had to change from the originally published plan.

so maybe JR last summer changed buffets. But i was going one night and it changed. heard guests say the same.. whatever buffet it was to be the new one was not to people's liking as much. I do know White Nights gets moved due to weather.

For those who are interested in the short term, I will put the Journey position here at the end of the week.

Having come onboard Journey today I can confirm the buffet selections for the cruise are not shown on the front page of Pursuits. No big deal for us, we are not planning ahead this cruise l!!

No the buffet details are not on the TV although when booking a speciality restaurant they can advise you of the provisional plan. They are sourcing so much for the buffets locally they seem to need more flexibility to take account of any supply issues

Can someone explain the chefs table - are all 3 menus available each day or is each menu only available on a specific day e.g. California in a wednesday etc

The menus are available on a specific day only. They do not offer Chefs Table every night