When to book?

SoBaycruiser

We haven't been on Azamara for 8-9 years (no fault of theirs). So other than being past passengers, we have no extra benefits. We recently saw an ad for a cruise more than 2 years out that we are very interested in. It is not filling up quickly as it is a repositioning cruise. So there seems to be no rush to book as we aren't looking for a suite or aft cabin.

I've seen people talk about BOGO sales and specials. Should we wait for one of these sales? If we book now will Azamara match the price if the price drops? Would we have to rebook therefore losing part of our deposit?

If this was your first time back, without a good TA, what would you do?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Repositioning cruises are usually a good price, we sailed on the TA, Southampton to Montreal 9.9.16, which we booked 23 months in advance.There were very few cabins available as it was a unique itinerary.

I just wish I could find another cruise which is as reasonably priced as that one was.

At the moment there are free nights available on certain voyages if you book by 20.08.18.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/luxury-cruise-deals/nights-on-us-sale?icid=hp_callout_nights_on_us_06012017

We have generally found that the best price is the earliest one. If you are from the US, there is a price guarantee, but I think it has some conditions attached to it. As I'm from the UK, I'm not entirely sure how it works, because it does not apply in the UK.

We have generally found that the best price is the earliest one. If you are from the US, there is a price guarantee, but I think it has some conditions attached to it. As I'm from the UK, I'm not entirely sure how it works, because it does not apply in the UK.

Grandma Cruising, we were assured on Quest last week that the price drop guarantee DOES now apply to UK bookings. This is a recent thing. Not sure how it will work though. I suppose we have to monitor the price drops? I never usually book more than a few months out as "life happens" and the future can be a bit uncertain but the deal this time was too good to pass up.

We booked onboard using the free nights offer and the special #twosistersmeet offer available on that day only and we had a really great deal on a B2B next June. As UK customers never usually much get OBC either, quite often none at all if booked with a TA here, we were amazed to get a huge amount for each cruise.

I think we are going to have a really good time! 😄

If this was your first time back, without a good TA, what would you do?

I'd look for a TA and see what they can offer to sweeten the deal. I use a TA, but keep an eye on things myself and then if I see a price drop, I touch base with the TA.

Welcome back SoBayCruiser!

We do have a Book Early offer for 2019 voyages: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/early-booking-bonus

I'd second others' advice to find yourself a good TA. It's their job to find you the best deal, and go to bat for you should the need arise.

But should you go it alone, I'd suggest you sign up for our emails so you'll learn of new promotions.

Welcome back SoBayCruiser!

We do have a Book Early offer for 2019 voyages: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/early-booking-bonus

I'd second others' advice to find yourself a good TA. It's their job to find you the best deal, and go to bat for you should the need arise.

But should you go it alone, I'd suggest you sign up for our emails so you'll learn of new promotions.

I am confused by the description of Best Price Guarantee. Part 1 says:

"For a Request Submitted Up to 12 Months Prior to Departure:"

That sounds like 0-12 months, but Part 2 takes care of that time period. Is the intent of the above:

For a Request Submitted OVER 12 Months Prior to Departure???

Finding a good TA for Azamara has been a problem for me. IF anyone has a good TA they recommend who really knows Azamara, please email me at Pvmeistrel at aol dot com

maybe the earliest price is often the best but I'm seeing a lot of differences and variation since I started tracking in March 2015. We booked our first AZ 16 months out (the high-demand British Open Golf Cruise) and got two price reductions -- one 12 months out and one about 9 months out. We booked our upcoming Baltic cruise onboard during the BOGO 50 percent off and additional early booking credit and onboard credit and we definitely got what seems to be the best price in the last 15 months on that one but on both of those I don't know what the price was when first available. If current 2019 prices hold we won't be doing AZ because they are really high, for example the British Open cruise is $4,000 higher than we paid in 2016. That's about a 40 percent increase. However, there seem to be a lot of really good deals right now on many 2017 cruises and if you are okay with an inside or oceanview there are some steals. We like a veranda and it seems like those often sell out as do the ccsuites. So my advice would be to track carefully, decide what is a good price for you and if you book early make sure you can take advantage of any price reductions.

There may be some promotions that are for new bookings only, but otherwise I don't believe there are any restrictions on getting a price drop.

OP, I would book now and see what happens with prices. Check periodically even if you use a TA, as they don't have time to track every single price fluctuation. Even though yours may not be a unique itinerary, prices may drift upward as other people sigh on while you wait to book. The worst that can happen is that (before final payment), you would see a massive price drop that you're not eligible for. In that case, cancel the existing cruise, pay the $100 penalty and rebook at the new rate.

Grandma Cruising, we were assured on Quest last week that the price drop guarantee DOES now apply to UK bookings. This is a recent thing. Not sure how it will work though. I suppose we have to monitor the price drops? I never usually book more than a few months out as "life happens" and the future can be a bit uncertain but the deal this time was too good to pass up.

We booked onboard using the free nights offer and the special #twosistersmeet offer available on that day only and we had a really great deal on a B2B next June. As UK customers never usually much get OBC either, quite often none at all if booked with a TA here, we were amazed to get a huge amount for each cruise.

I think we are going to have a really good time! 😄

Hi Lottie, we also booked for 2018 whilst onboard Journey and Joao (sic) told us the price guarantee for U.K. guests only applied to bookings made onboard and was only good for one change.

Hi Lottie, we also booked for 2018 whilst onboard Journey and Joao (sic) told us the price guarantee for U.K. guests only applied to bookings made onboard and was only good for one change.

Thanks lizboyle. FCC Amanda on Quest didn't mention that. I don't think there will be a price drop on either of our cruises though as we had an excellent deal onboard. We have now assigned the cruises to a TA and due to a friend's excellent negotiating skills have an even better deal. 😄

She should be leading the Brexit negotiations!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very confused about the price guarantee- is it only prices on the Azamara website? Our cruise dropped by $1,000 and we were refused a refund but got offered a guarantee upgrade, which we took.

As I understand it, the guarantee only applies to prices shown on the Azamara web-site. Travel agents often discount cruises, but they will do that by passing on some of their commission to the passenger, so the guarantee won't apply to their prices.

I'm very confused about the price guarantee- is it only prices on the Azamara website? Our cruise dropped by $1,000 and we were refused a refund but got offered a guarantee upgrade, which we took.

Hi 5waldos,

It all depends where in the booking cycle you fall.

There is a different policy for voyages more than 12 months to departure; those between 12 months and up to final payment; and then another once in final payment is made. After final payment is made we do not offer any refund or OBC if there is a price difference.

I am guessing you had payed your final payment and we made an exception (e.g. an upgrade) to do something for you?

Here's the link to the specifics:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

Hi 5waldos,

It all depends where in the booking cycle you fall.

There is a different policy for voyages more than 12 months to departure; those between 12 months and up to final payment; and then another once in final payment is made. After final payment is made we do not offer any refund or OBC if there is a price difference.

I am guessing you had payed your final payment and we made an exception (e.g. an upgrade) to do something for you?

Here's the link to the specifics:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

As long as we're on the subject, Bonnie, the best price guarantee as written is not really the way it works. Here's what the best price guarantee says:

"But perhaps you're concerned that if you book too early, you'll miss out on one of our many special offers. Well, not to worry! When you request our Best Price Guarantee, we'll simply adjust your cruise fare if prices change or new promotions become available. So you can enjoy the voyage of your dreams…and the best price possible."

I've tried several times to get a better price after a "new promotion" is announced, only to be told that the promotion is "for new bookings only." Seems to me either the Best Price Guarantee wording needs to change to reflect the reality of how it's being implemented, or if a "new promotion" is available one's fare should be adjusted accordingly, no questions asked. Else the Best Price Guarantee is, I regret to have to say, a sham.

As long as we're on the subject, Bonnie, the best price guarantee as written is not really the way it works. Here's what the best price guarantee says:

"But perhaps you're concerned that if you book too early, you'll miss out on one of our many special offers. Well, not to worry! When you request our Best Price Guarantee, we'll simply adjust your cruise fare if prices change or new promotions become available. So you can enjoy the voyage of your dreams…and the best price possible."

I've tried several times to get a better price after a "new promotion" is announced, only to be told that the promotion is "for new bookings only." Seems to me either the Best Price Guarantee wording needs to change to reflect the reality of how it's being implemented, or if a "new promotion" is available one's fare should be adjusted accordingly, no questions asked. Else the Best Price Guarantee is, I regret to have to say, a sham.

Hello marinaro44,

the BPG is specifically for existing bookings, not for new bookings! :loudcry:

I'm really sorry our team has not given you correct information. Next time this happens call out to me, and also write to AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara.com.

Hello marinaro44,

the BPG is specifically for existing bookings, not for new bookings! :loudcry:

I'm really sorry our team has not given you correct information. Next time this happens call out to me, and also write to AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara.com.

Yes, the BPG is for existing bookings, but when we point out a price reduction included in a new promotion we are told that the promotion is for new bookings only, so cannot be used for price reductions on our existing booking.

Our TA took this to his Azamara regional rep (I'm sure Katie can fill you in) who still couldn't get it done for us at the Miami office. Our experience has been that the BPG is meaningless. We've tried it twice, most recently with Journey's September 4 cruise, with the same unsatisfactory outcome.

I brought this issue up with Paul Chapple on the LCV cruise but heard nothing back from him. Really frustrating.