Active beach for 12 y/o? Or Tom Moore's Jungle?

mspmcpie

My husband and son are riding jet skis at 9am with Somerset Bridge Watersports... but then we have the whole day after that and I don't want him to be bored. Horseshoe Beach looks beautiful, but are there activities some SUP, kayaks, good snorkeling, etc that will keep him interested all day?

We wanted to book with Hidden Gems but they are full:( It seems they go to TMJ, is this doable and/or as fun on or own or with another company?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be a first-time Bermuda traveler this July, so any advice I give is from research not firsthand experience.

Did you check out Hidden Gems' availability directly, or through your ship? It is worth trying both, as there are more options that way.

Also--for an "active beach," take a look at Tobacco Bay's website (they appear to rent snorkel eqiupment, SUPs, kayaks and even these pretty cool looking water bicycles).

You can take a ferry to St. George from the Dockyard. There are public ferries, and if you are traveling on NCL, there is now a free ferry.

From what I hear, ferry ride is about 45 minutes and offers a nice views from the water.

From where the ferry docks, you can walk to Tobacco Bay. This blogger details how to do it: http://www.suitcasescholar.com/2012/09/26/bumming-around-bermuda-walking-from-st-georges-to-tobacco-bay/

Or, you can catch a cab. There may also be shuttles for a small fee. Not sure, though.

Thanks Tobbaco Bay does look more active! Any idea on the best ways to get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What days are you in Bermuda and on what ship? If you are there only one day your best bet is to go to Horseshoe after the Jet Skis. Somerset Watersports is half way to Horseshoe from the Dockyard.