Help, I'm addicted to checking for GTY assignment

wbrumel

We've only done one guarantee cabin and I swear, I was checking my luggage tags at least 3 times a day. I hear you ;)

Good luck and do let us know how you make out.

I guarantee you will have a cabin on the ship ;)

Best way to cure that addiction -- book the cabin you want when you book the cruise. :)

Actually, I did. It's a Neptune Suite guaranty. Booking the GTY saved me over $1k and frankly, there's no bad suite. So it's not really about an upgrade at all (the PS has been sold out for months), just merely ending the suspense. In a way, I'm enjoying it immensely. Like a scratch-off ticket and you know one's a winner!

Still nothing. Is there any truth to the "appears on your luggage tags first" advice or is that just a bunch of seaweed?

It always seems to work out that way, although it's usually just an hour or so ahead of appearing on your boarding pass.

Best way to cure that addiction -- book the cabin you want when you book the cruise. :)

I wish it were that simple. We wound up with a Guarantee booking for our next cruise and it was not my first choice. But the rooms we wanted were not available so we booked the category and now we are hoping that they will upgrade someone and that category will open up. Or maybe we'll get a category upgrade, certainly not expecting anything major. Either way, we'll be on the ship and that's what matters most! I am putting it out to the universe that HAL will find a decent cabin for their 4 star cruisers, and I'm staying positive! m--

After reading multiple similar posts, I'm convinced that some book gty simply because of the excitement of finding out what cabin you'll get.

Oh no! We've been found out. How right you are;)

We've booked a GUAR for every cruise (over 40) and weren't pleased only once or twice (porthole once, another time under the bakery, both short cruises so not a problem).

Actually, would not want to pick a cabin. Too many criteria to consider and what if we were wrong and it was a terrible cabin....?

I wish it were that simple. We wound up with a Guarantee booking for our next cruise and it was not my first choice. But the rooms we wanted were not available so we booked the category and now we are hoping that they will upgrade someone and that category will open up. Or maybe we'll get a category upgrade, certainly not expecting anything major. Either way, we'll be on the ship and that's what matters most! I am putting it out to the universe that HAL will find a decent cabin for their 4 star cruisers, and I'm staying positive! m--

You will do fine. Will look forward to hearing about your assignment!

After reading multiple similar posts, I'm convinced that some book gty simply because of the excitement of finding out what cabin you'll get.

That is certainly part of the fun for us :D

Oh no! We've been found out. How right you are;)

We've booked a GUAR for every cruise (over 40) and weren't pleased only once or twice (porthole once, another time under the bakery, both short cruises so not a problem).

Actually, would not want to pick a cabin. Too many criteria to consider and what if we were wrong and it was a terrible cabin....?

The worst cabin we ever got was one we picked for ourselves and since then, we've just done Gty and usually been pleased with our assignment. The last Gty assignment was definitely NOT one we would have picked ourselves, disliked nearly everything about it before we even got on the ship. Lucky for us, we got an upsell offer about an hour before leaving home. I was on the phone in an instant, getting that upsell. :D

Edited by VennDiagram

Well, on a previous cruise I found out by checking the tags and knew before my (ex)TA, who had called her contact at HAL. She was told it wasn't assigned yet...... and was NOT amused :owhen I told her the cabin number- and how I knew. :halo:

CABIN ASSIGNED TONIGHT! It's a great suite, a few doors down from the Neptune Lounge. For those that are info junkies, YES it appeared on the luggage tags first, nine days before the cruise. It's still not on the reservation page although it prints out on the boarding pass. It's really a little sick how excited I am to get a stupid cabin number LOL!

Two out of three of our next cruises are booked as guarantees. Our PCC had been saying to give her a chance to get us a good upgrade so we are hoping for the best. If it turns out we are not happy with what happens we'll go back to choosing our own cabins. Only once have we had a surprise upgrade when we booked a specific stateroom, and that was only our second or third cruise on HAL.

I know I'm going to be checking regularly for our room assignment.

CABIN ASSIGNED TONIGHT! It's a great suite, a few doors down from the Neptune Lounge. For those that are info junkies, YES it appeared on the luggage tags first, nine days before the cruise. It's still not on the reservation page although it prints out on the boarding pass. It's really a little sick how excited I am to get a stupid cabin number LOL!

Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know.

A good feeling isn't it?

VERY NICE :) :) :)

Sounds like a great location and yes, knowing where you are is nice. It makes you feel like you are really going on the cruise :)

Happy for you!!!!

Very nice. Count yourself as lucky that you did not have to encounter GTY's cousin - waiting for the Upsell offer, with your Neptune Suite!