What Is Your Favorite Month to Cruise to Caribbean & Why?

taylortime05

Hi,

We are still working so we can't cruise frequently and we can't be to spontaneous. We need to plan at least couple of months ahead for work schedules. Kids are grown so we can go any month of the year.

What is your favorite month to cruise to Caribbean and Why?

Thanks for all your valuable input.

Sue

I love to cruise in November (including over Thanksgiving), December (especially over Christmas) and January. I live in the Pacific Northwest, late Fall and early winter can be very gloomy. If you cruise in early or late January some ships many not be as full especially the longer than 7 days.

I love to cruise in November (including over Thanksgiving), December (especially over Christmas) and January. I live in the Pacific Northwest, late Fall and early winter can be very gloomy. If you cruise in early or late January some ships many not be as full especially the longer than 7 days.

We have 2 cruises booked between now and Jan 2018. We live in MI so it's gloomy Nov - March. The 1st cruise is on NCL Escape on 11/25 for 7 nights. It's me and hubby. We got good deal on cruise but airfare is higher than I thought but it is traveling on Thanksgiving weekend. The 2nd cruise is with all my adult kids January 6 on RCI Freedom for 7 nights.

I was thinking about canceling the November cruise because the 2 are so close together. But we have such a different experience when we are alone and with the family. I enjoy both. For Escape it is our first cruise with NCL and I am hoping to bid for a Haven but will be happy with our balcony. Also hoping to get Vibe passes but still haven't decided if it's worth the stress and mad dash at the beginning of the cruise.

Thank you for the feedback.

We have 2 cruises booked between now and Jan 2018. We live in MI so it's gloomy Nov - March. The 1st cruise is on NCL Escape on 11/25 for 7 nights. It's me and hubby. We got good deal on cruise but airfare is higher than I thought but it is traveling on Thanksgiving weekend. The 2nd cruise is with all my adult kids January 6 on RCI Freedom for 7 nights.

I was thinking about canceling the November cruise because the 2 are so close together. But we have such a different experience when we are alone and with the family. I enjoy both. For Escape it is our first cruise with NCL and I am hoping to bid for a Haven but will be happy with our balcony. Also hoping to get Vibe passes but still haven't decided if it's worth the stress and mad dash at the beginning of the cruise.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have sailed on The Getaway many times and have yet to purchase a Vibe Pass. To me, it is not worth it. Spice H2O at the back of the ship, is adults only ALL DAY. Very quiet The Vibe on The Getaway requires that you climb a staircase from Deck 15 to Deck 16- no elevator to 16.

I am about to head out on my 36th Norwegian cruise and plan today to book a cruise for September of 2018.

We are in New England and like to leave out of New York late March/early April. The weather here is chilly so it's nice to run away. We did a 10 day last year and are doing 11 day this year so we have plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine after the initial chilly first sea day. There also seems to be less kids, which me, being a teacher appreciates!

week immediately following turkey day or the first two weeks of december because the fares are crazy low! that said, i do hate being away when i want to get my christmas tree up, etc.

I got a deal on E3 balcony on Escape for 799 + 2 perks for Nov 25. I think this is a pretty good deal. Do you wait to book until after final payment to get the crazy low fares? I think 799 is good but not crazy low. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

We are still working so we can't cruise frequently and we can't be to spontaneous. We need to plan at least couple of months ahead for work schedules. Kids are grown so we can go any month of the year.

Sue

December cheaper rates.:)

Love end of October, November before Thanksgiving, gives warm weather one last chance before winter, less likely for hurricanes (except Sandy, 10/29/12).

We have Escape planned for 11/25 which is weekend after Thanksgiving. Is that a good time?

Also hoping to get Vibe passes but still haven't decided if it's worth the stress and mad dash at the beginning of the cruise.

Another option could be Spa access (either pass or stateroom choice). Since it is indoors, the time of year/weather won't matter. There is also no stress since it can be booked online.

We have Escape planned for 11/25 which is weekend after Thanksgiving. Is that a good time?

As long as you're driving or are willing to pay a premium for airfare. This was discussed on another thread. Heck I don't even like driving on I-95 anytime over Thanksgiving!

I've done the Caribbean twice. Once in April and once in May. We are doing the Caribbean in February, 2018. Very excited about that as we are from Boston and Lord knows what our winters can be like! I did enjoy April & May... a very nice reprieve after our long winters.. but I think the February cruise will break up the winter for us! Also, we are both recently retired and really looking forward to cruising more often!

Hi,

Sue

Love Feb and April after spring break. Great weather,

Hi,

Sue

December thru February ,no hurricanes.

Always the winter months for us here in Jersey of January and February. Been to the Caribbean 3 times in those months and it's always very pleasant. Not too hot but hot enough to love the beach etc. The price is good, the ship not as crowded, and it's a break away from winter...........also it's not the stormy hurricane season that makes a cruise very unpredictable.

Some people may laugh, but my favorite month to cruise the Caribbean is actually September, because that's the peak of hurricane season. Let me explain...

For me, the Caribbean experience is all about spending time at the beach, in the water... and the water is warmest during the peak of hurricane season. The fact that the water is so warm is what creates the conditions that cause the hurricanes.

I love being able to walk from my lounge chair on the beach and directly in to the water without for even one minute having to get used to the temperature of the water. During the peak of hurricane season, the water can be pretty darned close to body temperature.

I do also like to cruise in January to take advantage of some of the lowest prices of the year, but there is a big difference in the ocean water temperatures between a January cruise and a September cruise.

I know many of you are thinking that it's crazy to cruise during the peak of hurricane season because your cruise may be disrupted by a hurricane... but I've done it just about every year for the last many years and have yet to be affected by a hurricane at all. Sure, I'm taking a chance, but even if I lose the bet and there is a hurricane in the exact location I'll be sailing to... the ship would simply re-route to somewhere else. A western Caribbean cruise becomes an Eastern Caribbean cruise, or vice versa. Not that big of a deal.

The worst case scenario would be if a hurricane were to hit at the cruise's departure city on the exact day of embarkation. That would be a big deal, and would significantly disrupt the cruise... but the likelihood of that is SO small! For the warmest beach water of the year, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

You can always hedge your bet by buying trip insurance.

It is a good time for weather and cruise prices, but as you noted, travel can be more expensive, more of a hassle.

Some people may laugh, but my favorite month to cruise the Caribbean is actually September, because that's the peak of hurricane season. Let me explain...

For me, the Caribbean experience is all about spending time at the beach, in the water... and the water is warmest during the peak of hurricane season. The fact that the water is so warm is what creates the conditions that cause the hurricanes.

I love being able to walk from my lounge chair on the beach and directly in to the water without for even one minute having to get used to the temperature of the water. During the peak of hurricane season, the water can be pretty darned close to body temperature.

I do also like to cruise in January to take advantage of some of the lowest prices of the year, but there is a big difference in the ocean water temperatures between a January cruise and a September cruise.

I know many of you are thinking that it's crazy to cruise during the peak of hurricane season because your cruise may be disrupted by a hurricane... but I've done it just about every year for the last many years and have yet to be affected by a hurricane at all. Sure, I'm taking a chance, but even if I lose the bet and there is a hurricane in the exact location I'll be sailing to... the ship would simply re-route to somewhere else. A western Caribbean cruise becomes an Eastern Caribbean cruise, or vice versa. Not that big of a deal.

The worst case scenario would be if a hurricane were to hit at the cruise's departure city on the exact day of embarkation. That would be a big deal, and would significantly disrupt the cruise... but the likelihood of that is SO small! For the warmest beach water of the year, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Its September for me too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

To take advantage of the lowest prices in either Sep or Jan do you need to wait until after final payment to see those great prices?