Maui Immigration

sally4909

I will be on a cruise from Vancouver with the first port of call being Maui, Hawaii.:)

What type of security clearance does one go through in Maui? I know in the Caribbean that once the ship is cleared, not much more is required. Is it the same? Thanks for your help. Cruisecritic members are always in the know. Sally

i would ask this forum on your specific cruise line.

Also find the roll call for your cruise . They probably will have the answers.

if you haven't cleared US Immigration i Vancouver . You'll probably have to clear in Maui. Also Maui is usually a tender port.

i would ask this forum on your specific cruise line.

Also find the roll call for your cruise . They probably will have the answers.

if you haven't cleared US Immigration i Vancouver . You'll probably have to clear in Maui. Also Maui is usually a tender port.

Partially correct. I would expect you to clear US Immigration at Vancouver. Maui can be docked (at Kahauli, where you would likely go if there were any Immigration clearing to be done) or tendering at Lahaina. The third, less likely option, is that Immigration will be on board with you, and clear everyone as they sail across the Pacific.

Our son and DIL did a similar cruise from Vancouver. They had to clear US customs at the first stop. Their first stop was Hilo. Maui might be handled differently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And Hilo is a docked location.

Their ship appears to be RCCL's Radiance of the Seas, tendering in at Lahaina. In a similar experience that we had with Silversea, Customs and Immigration officials came aboard and all passengers and crew had to be cleared before anyone left the ship. As we all know, the Lahaina Harbor dock is not set up for any major Customs and Immigration procedures, so this makes sense. Can't guarantee they will share our thought though.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

Yes, you are correct. I am on the Radiance of the Seas and the first port of call will be in Lahaina Maui which is a tender port. Sorry, I forgot that POA docks in Kahului.

Carnival also docks at Kahalui, and I believe it also gets rare visits by other ships. As POA takes up the single dock 2 days every week, that narrows the number of other visitors.

We were on Pride of America at the beginning of June. At each port in Hawaii we had to show photo ID or Passport and ship card before we went back on the ship. If we were on a tour bus, the officers came onto the bus and checked each person's documents. If we were in a taxi cab, they reviewed each persons documents before we were let into the port to the ship. Same if you walked into the port from the outside.