"LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas - Canada / NE - June 26, 2017

Hello everyone. . . . Welcome to the start of “LIVE”from Anthem of the Seas. I will be heading up for a Pre Cruise Stay on Sunday,as my hotel will be just a short drive from Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne,NJ)

Anthem of the Seas leaves on Monday for a 5 Night Canada / NE Cruise that will take me to Bar Harbor, Maine and Halifax, Nova Scotia. It has been a few months since my last sailing (Oasis of the Seas – Jan 2017) and I am very happy to be sailing Anthem of the Seas for the first time. I toured Anthem last summer, but there is noway to get the “feel” of the ship in just a few hours.

I sailed Quantum of the Seas twice in 2015 so I am aware of where things are and how to get there, but it make take a little while to get my “Sea Legs”. I would really like to sail for a 7 or 9 night Cruise to Canada, but my vacation plans worked out for this sailing in June.

I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins,as well as my two ports this sailing (Bar Harbor, ME and Halifax, NS) There will be many CruiseCritic Members on my sailing as well. . . Anthem of the Seas appears to be Sold Out and I am sure that there will be over 4500 pax on board.

It has been a long winter in Maryland with a lot of cold weather and I am hoping for a relaxing cruise.(With a valid wireless connection, Keep your fingers crossed).

Have a cup of Coffee, relax and welcome aboard! I like that my Hotel will have some “We Proudly Serve” Starbucks in the lobby. I will post again tomorrow from my Pre Cruise Hotel.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Anthem of the Seas

P1.jpg

©2017 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

Anthem of the Seas

P2.jpg

Yes, the Sea is Calling . . .

P4.jpg

My Itinerary for this sailing

MAP2.jpg

Welcome Aboard

P10.jpg

We took a tour with Paul McNeal in Halifax . He was very good . His tour lasted 6 hours and was very reasonable. He stopped at the cemetery where the Titanic victims are buried. We were in Halifax last week . Our ship, Queen Mary 2 , was greeted by bagpipers upon arrival and also when we departed .

Have fun and looking forward to reading about your adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on the cruise with you. I am packed and ready but we will drive from Towson, MD Monday morning. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews, but... when I get home, since we a going to try NO WIFI? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be following and comparing to my 9 nights Aug. '16 Anthem NE/Canada itinerary. Hope, like my cruise, the Captain will make a left and go up the Hudson before heading to the open seas.

Looking forward to this. At one point we had this cruise booked along with the current Bermuda sailing. Since our cruise partners ended up not being able to go we opted out but curious to follow along on our almost cruise.