Cable or Cabbage?

EMc&DrS

My wife and I will be stopping in Nassau twice during upcoming B2B cruises. We've planned an excursion for the longer of the two visits, but the first time we go there we arrive at noon and leave at 6 PM. We thought we'd just like to take a cab to either Cabbage Beach or Cable Beach and use public access to the beach. I've read plenty of reviews of Cabbage, but don't find as much about Cable unless it involves buying a day pass. Is either beach better than the other? How much is a cab ride to Cable Beach? Where do you get dropped off for public access to the beach?

I've seen where some reviewers of Cabbage Beach said that they were constantly pestered by vendors. Is this also a problem at Cable Beach?

Any suggestions for either location would be appreciated! :D

I've only seen the public beach at cable (had a day pass right next to it), and a day pass at cable (not sure where the public access even is). If the water is calm, we prefer cabbage, because there will still be waves, and it gets deep pretty quick, and we like to swim in the ocean. Cable is calmer, and more shallow. Both are beautiful. We were pestered on both beaches, more on cabbage. Neither have restrooms, I know cabbage has chairs and umbrellas (and vendors selling all you can drink packages, rum drinks in a coconut, that we didn't purchase).

I've only seen the public beach at cable (had a day pass right next to it), and a day pass at cable (not sure where the public access even is). If the water is calm, we prefer cabbage, because there will still be waves, and it gets deep pretty quick, and we like to swim in the ocean. Cable is calmer, and more shallow. Both are beautiful. We were pestered on both beaches, more on cabbage. Neither have restrooms, I know cabbage has chairs and umbrellas (and vendors selling all you can drink packages, rum drinks in a coconut, that we didn't purchase).

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums