LIVE! Koningsdam 25 June 2017

HUNKY

Welcome onboard!

Scott & Robert here at PTA - Passenger Terminal Amsterdam. Currently waiting to board for our second time on K. 1230PM Boarding group 12. Plenty of seats to wait. FYI there is a vendor selling bottled water, soda and wine. Six pack of Coke 6€. 6 water bottles 5€.

Nice flight from the US. IAD - CDG - AMS. Via Air France. Great deal on La Premiere cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Delish cherries jubilee for dessert. The chicken cacciatore for the main was pretty good. We are open dining, the CD Christina Percell mentioned to make dinner reservations. Will probably make them for 730PM in the dining room.

So we were open dining, but we like tables by ourselves...so...went to deck 2 and spoke with Leo to ask about fixed main/late seating.

Success!

Four top table #162 has been assigned for just the two of us.

Swung by the Greenhouse Spa and signed up for the relaxation area - $179 instead of $199 since I signed up before muster.

Cloudy as we head to the locks and the sea beyond. In the Crow's Nest, with narration by an EXC person. Will be gone during the sea day. Back on Tuesday. Sea-ya!

We just got off the Koningsdam this morning, and had a great cruise, hope you do too.

If you like music I would really recommend the B.B. King All Stars band that are on the K at the moment, they are excellent. I am going to miss them tonight! :D

The trip through the lock area was interesting with all of the wind turbines, oil tanks and large mounds of coal? It was narrated by the EXC manager. Weather was chilly and grey. I've not seen anyone in the Retreat.

Hello HUNKY,

Since I am on Koningsdam in roughly 7 weeks, I'd like to know something about the food onboard:

-Do the MDR dining menus feature some "regional" dishes? On Alaska cruises, there's "Ketchikan clowder" or "Alaska crab legs", maybe when cruising to Norway there's some norwegian themed dishes?

-Food at Grand Dutch Café is still for free?

-After 02:00 pm there's "selected stations" available at Lido buffet - do you know, which ones?

-Tea time is still offered?

Sorry that's a couple of questions, I hope you can answer some of them.

But most importantly, enjoy the rest of your cruise! :)

Shipfriend... the only regional dish I noticed was served during the officers on deck event. It looked like herring on toothpicks. The food at the Dutch Grand Cafe is free, however there are some cookies and bagged sweets for sale, along with Dutch beers and fancy coffees. I know that high tea was served at least once I'll have to read over my daily navigators.