Urgent question about meal voucher for platinum

poppoppop

Ok on epic at the moment. Concierge doesn't seem to know which meals were allowed for being platinum members believe it or not.

Could someone quickly tell me which ones we are allowed so I can tell him his job.

By the way we are in Barcelona and when I google it the only thing I get is Spanish

So you get 2 specialty dining dinners for 2 people per cabin for being platinum. I assume you are required to choose from the restaurants listed. You also should get other perks. If you need a comprehensive list let me know.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

You are going to need those certificates when you go to your Platinum dinners. Just showing up and telling them you are Platinum is not going to work. If you've checked your cabin and did not get a Platinum package, go to the Cruise Next Desk ( Latitudes desk ) and inform them. They handle Platinum rewards, not the Comcierge, although he should probably be aware of the perks and should have advised you who to see.

They used to deliver the voucher to the room and it had the meal choices printed on it. Did you not get voucher or did it not include that information? What are they thinking?

Thanks we have just reached the room and the info is there. Beggars belief that the concierge didn't know.

Now there is another issue, there is only one voucher for laundry and I thought because we are both plats there should be one each. I phoned concierge and he says it's one per cabin!!

Thanks we have just reached the room and the info is there. Beggars belief that the concierge didn't know.

Now there is another issue, there is only one voucher for laundry and I thought because we are both plats there should be one each. I phoned concierge and he says it's one per cabin!!

Read the info under Laundy in the Platinum packet. It states "for certificates for additional Platinum members in your cabin, please visit the Cruise Next Desk". If you stop by there, ask them if they can send a sample packet along to the Concierge so that at least he's informed.

Seems that your issues arise from repeated calls to the concierge. Why not contact the Latitudes Rep with Latitudes related questions? After all, it is really THIER job to know and to take care of you for these issues. At best, the concierge should do nothing more than refer you to the proper party (IOW....the Latitudes Rep)...the concierge should know how to get you to the correct answer, he/she should not always be the answer encyclopedia.

Read the info under Laundy in the Platinum packet. It states "for certificates for additional Platinum members in your cabin, please visit the Cruise Next Desk". If you stop by there, ask them if they can send a sample packet along to the Concierge so that at least he's informed.

Are you saying they only deliver one coupon to the cabin, but if you want the 2nd one, you have to go get it?

FYI - from the website : Laundry Service (per member)

Seems that your issues arise from repeated calls to the concierge. Why not contact the Latitudes Rep with Latitudes related questions? After all, it is really THIER job to know and to take care of you for these issues. At best, the concierge should do nothing more than refer you to the proper party (IOW....the Latitudes Rep)...the concierge should know how to get you to the correct answer, he/she should not always be the answer encyclopedia.

Thank you that does make sense. But he is my first port of call, in fact his first lines are "if you have any questions at all just ask me." So instead of giving me wrong info he should just let me know who to talk to. I do really appreciate all of the info I get from here, thanks again

Who is concierge? We had Leah in March and everything from Latitudes was in our room.

Leah is great. This experience does not sound like her. Must be new hire, not yet in tune with NCL "ins and outs".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Leah is great. This experience does not sound like her. Must be a new hire, not yet in tune with NCL.

We only had one Laundry coupon in our room on Gem in April. We sent the first bag in without one and just wrote Platinum on the bag and on the laundry ticket. It came back just fine. We used the coupon when we sent the second bag.

Ok on epic at the moment. Concierge doesn't seem to know which meals were allowed for being platinum members believe it or not.

Could someone quickly tell me which ones we are allowed so I can tell him his job.

By the way we are in Barcelona and when I google it the only thing I get is Spanish

Didn't you get a packet with the vouchers in your cabin??

Are you saying they only deliver one coupon to the cabin, but if you want the 2nd one, you have to go get it?

FYI - from the website : Laundry Service (per member)

You don't really need a coupon at all. Just print PLATINUM on the laundry bag, using your name the first bag and the other platinum member's name the second bag.

Maybe because the Platinum certificates are handled by the CruseNext department and NOT the concierge. Did you read the certificates in your cabin? If not, contact the CruiseNext department to see if you are really a platinum member.

Again, you are calling the WRONG person. The Concierge does not handle the certificates. At home, you don't call the tire department for eyeglasses.

The CruiseNext desk handles the Platinum certificates. They will tell you to come to their desk if you want a second certificate. Or just to write "Platinum" on your laundry slip.

wrt to your original question, figuring out which restaurants to make your Platinum reservations in should have been done 90 days prior to cruise. You are now endanger of getting bad reservations times.

Again, you are calling the WRONG person. The Concierge does not handle the certificates. At home, you don't call the tire department for eyeglasses.

The concierge on NCL ships are notorious for never admitting they simply don't know the answer or that the best answer will come from somewhere else. This is their downfall. Just tell me you don't know or tell me to call the CN/Lat folks. If NCL are going to provide a concierge service, then it shouldn't matter if I need tires or eyeglasses. The concierge should provide the correct info or direct me to the person who can. Concierge = one stop shop. That's what it's supposed to be.

Stupid concierge. No wonder I never tip them. They are useless -- even worse since it appears OP is not in a suite and trying to use their platinum concierge perk. The skin tight vest and pants they wear must be cutting off the blood circulation to their brains.

The CruiseNext desk handles the Platinum certificates. They will tell you to come to their desk if you want a second certificate. Or just to write "Platinum" on your laundry slip.

wrt to your original question, figuring out which restaurants to make your Platinum reservations in should have been done 90 days prior to cruise. You are now endanger of getting bad reservations times.

A suite guest should expect the concierge to handle any reasonable request. Same day dinner reservations are reasonable; it is "Freestyle" after all.

It's also reasonable to expect the concierge to be knowledgable about who does what on the ship, and get questions answered.

I think I read the Epic has one "lead?" concierge and several assistants. Perhaps this person is new and does not have all of the answers yet. We board the Epic and enjoy our first drink in the Haven with our lunch on July 2nd.

One of the Assistant Concierges in March was Eduard (not sure of spelling). We LOVED him. Not only was he kind and efficient but he was dashing as well.

Leah is great. This experience does not sound like her. Must be a new hire, not yet in tune with NCL.

In post 1 the OP indicates it is a male concierge. I could not umagine that was Leah. She seemed very well informed.