Pinnacle Grill

mr. godfredo

It has been a long time since we ate at the Pinnacle Grill on a HAL ship. We were given the meal as a perk from out TA, so we were merely on the hook for the tip. I remember having an enjoyable meal, but at the current price wonder it it is still of the same quality from years past and if people feel it is worth the price. We are going to be on the Maasdam in early July and I am contemplating giving it another try.

It has been a long time since we ate at the Pinnacle Grill on a HAL ship. We were given the meal as a perk from out TA, so we were merely on the hook for the tip. I remember having an enjoyable meal, but at the current price wonder it it is still of the same quality from years past and if people feel it is worth the price. We are going to be on the Maasdam in early July and I am contemplating giving it another try.

Go for it! Filet Mignon is still very good

We found it to be just as good as before. If you compare the cost of beef at home, you'll find that the cost of filet mignon has gone up 260%+ since 2004. I think that the Pinnacle was either $20 or $25 back then. If the PG kept pace with beeflation, you'd be paying between $52 and $65.

We're getting a dinner in the Pinnacle as part of a package. It's nice as a treat, something different. Having dined there before we find the dinner in the MDR is just as good. Do go & treat your self as a special night out, enjoy.

Allan

Pinnacle Grill was very good and definitely worth the cost whether part of a package or not. II had the 10 oz. fillet and seriously thought it had to be much larger due to thickness. Very good and cooked perfectly (ordered medium got medium-rare which is what I actually prefer). Rest of meal had little extras between courses. We would do it again even though semi-vegan wife probably did not get money's worth from just the food but service and experience made up for it.

All of our dinners are always in the PG. Just booked all 12 nights of our upcoming cruise on Oosterdam to Mexico, I know many say the menu is limited but for us it is fine. We tend to have a small list of favorite places on land and at each one favorite items. The peace and quiet of the PG is well worth the cost to us- neither of us enjoy large crowded restaurants. We also appreciate the PG breakfasts- definitely not up to facing the Lido first thing in the morning

Hoping at least a few of our favorite PG crew will be on Oosterdam. Got an email from one of the best Clifford recently and he is waiting for his next assignment. I've seen posts by many on here praising him- he is 100% pro and makes every night in PG special.

All of our dinners are always in the PG. Just booked all 12 nights of our upcoming cruise on Oosterdam to Mexico, I know many say the menu is limited but for us it is fine. We tend to have a small list of favorite places on land and at each one favorite items. The peace and quiet of the PG is well worth the cost to us- neither of us enjoy large crowded restaurants. We also appreciate the PG breakfasts- definitely not up to facing the Lido first thing in the morning

Hoping at least a few of our favorite PG crew will be on Oosterdam. Got an email from one of the best Clifford recently and he is waiting for his next assignment. I've seen posts by many on here praising him- he is 100% pro and makes every night in PG special.

Clifford is fabulous - funny, but professional, personal but never too. Just perfect.

Let us know where he is assigned next please. Wish he would come on the P'dam next year ;)

Since about 2011, we gave up eating in the main dining room and always pre-book the Pinnacle for every night. And on those ships that have the Tamarind, we pre-book that as well and alternate between the 2 restaurants.

Many folks book the PG for their steaks, but I'd suggest one not overlook other items on the menu. The Bouillabaisse and Pork Chop are delicious. And, if still offered, the Wild Mushroom Ravioli was a winner as a complete change of pace for me.

Sill a nice dining experience but I did enjoy the Sterling beef cuts of days ago compared to the beef cuts served today. Steaks can be over salted sometimes so we remind lite salting.

Sterling Beef does not compare with what is being served today at PG in my opinion.

That's why I began to explore other options on the PG Menu.

It has been a few years since we have been on HAL, planning to go again...will definitely check out the PG. Like you we like the peace and quiet... we do the same on Princess... go to the Crown Grill... feel it is worth it.