Transatlantic Sea Sickness?

AlaskaGrown

My husband and I are thinking about taking the Star Breeze TA this fall. We've done lots of TAs and never get sea sick but we are worried about this smaller ship. Does anyone have experience with how rocky this size ship is compared to larger ships crossing the Atlantic? Thanks!

Can't really answer your question but we crossed the Pacific on the Wind Spirit. It was beautiful and calm, we skirted the Equator ( named the doldrums ). We have completed 2 Atlantic crossing on the Wind Surf again relatively calm. I do know they monitor the storms and change course to avoid them. I know the ships have good stabelizers. As you the ocean behaves and misbehaves. Hard to judge. Remember they do take the southern route which is way better than the North Atlantic. The small sips are beautiful, enjoy.

Did the TA on Wind Surf in April and on Zuiderdam the year before and I can honestly say there was not much difference. They both have movement. Wife and I did just fine on both cruises. Of course depends on weather and in both cases it was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are thinking about taking the Star Breeze TA this fall. We've done lots of TAs and never get sea sick but we are worried about this smaller ship. Does anyone have experience with how rocky this size ship is compared to larger ships crossing the Atlantic? Thanks!

I was on the TA in April on this ship, and it was fantastic. We had more movement in the Caribbean than in the Atlantic, but it was never rough. Compared to larger ships, this ship feels every bump, but the larger ships barely feel anything...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about taking a trans-ocean (probably Atlantic but possibly Pacific) next year after I've retired.

I've been on Windsurf (Med), Wind Spirit (Caribbean) and Star Legend (Eastern Atlantic and Med). The Star Legend was the only time I felt a bit uneasy - not sure if it was a difference between the motor yachts and the sail ships. The weather very windy, to the extent that the captain decided we couldn't safely make a port and we stayed over-night at the prior port instead. The next day when we left port, it wasn't crazy movement, but was rough enough that I thought "if this was a plane, the fasten seat belt sign would be on".

I read somewhere that the sail ships are smoother than the motor yachts. Is that true?