Granduer ??

Thinking of taking Granduer on the New England/Canada route next summer. I have not been on this size ship since my first 2 cruises on RCI back in '03 and '04. I am very happy with the Voyager and Freedom class ships and OK with Radiance class. Don't care for the "big girls". We are Pinnacle so are spoiled with lounges, special breakfasts, special lunches with officers, etc. How do you think we would feel about this smaller ship, please? Do NOT want to travel out of NJ in order to go to Canada, so Baltimore is my only other choice. I need to read positive things about this smaller ship!

Thinking of taking Granduer on the New England/Canada route next summer. I have not been on this size ship since my first 2 cruises on RCI back in '03 and '04. I am very happy with the Voyager and Freedom class ships and OK with Radiance class. Don't care for the "big girls". We are Pinnacle so are spoiled with lounges, special breakfasts, special lunches with officers, etc. How do you think we would feel about this smaller ship, please? Do NOT want to travel out of NJ in order to go to Canada, so Baltimore is my only other choice. I need to read positive things about this smaller ship!

Grandeur's crew goes out of its way to pamper all guests, but especially top tier. IMO, you will enjoy sailing on the Grandeur to Canada and New England. I did that cruise last year, and have done it on other ships, too. It's a great itinerary.

I am not a "Grandeur Groupie", but Baltimore is very convenient for me and I always have a good cruise on Grandeur.

i LOVE the Grandeur- very small, no bells and whistles just honestly great service, great crew, nice lounges- nice Concierge Lounge for Diamonds and above, nice breakfast in the MDR etc. I did the New England/Canada 9 day sailing out of Baltimore and loved it. However, i did it in either the end of September or beginning of October- check my signature for the date and cruise. It was the best time to go because of the leaves changing colors going up the coast! It was so fun! You won't be disappointed unless you want the fancy things like the neighborhoods, North Star, robotics at the bars etc.

Grandeur maybe closer in experience to the Radiance class as opposed to the Voyager and above class. If you need the bells and whistles such as the ice rink, promenade, bumper cars, north star, etc., then you need to go bigger. If you're looking for what I call the classical cruise experience, Grandeur will not disappoint. As it stands right now, out of the 17 cruises, Grandeur stands at a very strong #2 on my list, and only because my wedding cruise was a special occasion and can never be repeated in the same fashion again. (well, almost never, but i rather not).

What? Diamonds get to use the concierge lounge on Granduer?? Is there no Diamond lounge? That would make the concierge lounge VERY crowded.

Grandeur has both a Concierge and Diamond lounge.

What? Diamonds get to use the concierge lounge on Granduer?? Is there no Diamond lounge? That would make the concierge lounge VERY crowded.

No. Where did you get that idea?

On Grandeur, the Diamond Lounge is all the way aft, on Deck 6, at the back of the South Pacific Lounge.

The Concierge Lounge is up in the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 11.

Each has the potential for overflow space, depending on the passenger demographic, into that adjacent lounge area.

Diamond can not use the Concierge Lounge, only D+, suite and Pinnacle. My experience is that lots of times the Pinnacle come to the Diamond Lounge in the evening, especially on our December cruises. I love the Concierge Lounge during the day, beautiful views. But, like the Diamond Lounge for the cocktail hours in the evening.

Gwen [emoji3]

For all of the reason previously posted, we really like Grandeur.

Cruising out of Baltimore is very easy. The Port is right off the highway.

The cruise down the Chesapeake Bay is definitely something very different from Cruises out of Florida. Under 2 bridges...then many hours later, over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. By the time the ship gets there it is dark and you see headlights disappear as the cars go into the tunnel portion of the Bridge Tunnel. It takes about 8 hours to get to the ocean.

Nope- i said it wrong- there is a concierge lounge and a separate Diamond and Diamond + lounge. Sorry for the confusion

Sorry- i said that wrong- Concierge Lounge is definitely NOT for Diamond- they have Diamond and Diamond + Lounge separately!

Nope- i said it wrong- there is a concierge lounge and a separate Diamond and Diamond + lounge. Sorry for the confusion

There is no such thing as a D+ Lounge.

As I stated above, the lounges are a DIAMOND LOUNGE and a CONCIERGE LOUNGE.

The Diamond Lounge may be used by anyone in the C&A society who is D, D+ or PC.

The Concierge Lounge may be used by anyone who is staying in a full suite (GS or above), D+ or PC.

Only D+, Pinnacle and suites have access to the Concierge lounge on Grandeur.