Grand dining rooms

elycelynne

I think all of the Grand-like ships use deck 6 aft for traditional early and late, deck 5 mid as traditional early then ATD, and deck 6 mid as ATD all night long from the port side and Club Class all night long from the starboard side.

We returned last week from Grand, here are dining facilities

Botticelli, Early and late traditional seating

Da Vinci, Early seating and anytime 7:45-10:00

Michelangelo, Anytime 5:30 - 9:00

We were anytime and usually went to Michelangelo as we dined around 7:30ish but were moved to Da Vinci if Michelangelo was full, which it was on a couple of occassions

Keep in mind .... Lunch is only served in the MDR (Da Vinci) on At Sea Days with the exception of embarkation day. :)

I don't think that's always the case. I'm looking at a patter from July 3, 2016 in Juneau, and it says that Da Vinci is open for lunch 11:30-1:30. They also have tea from 3:30-4:30.

I don't think that's always the case. I'm looking at a patter from July 3, 2016 in Juneau, and it says that Da Vinci is open for lunch 11:30-1:30. They also have tea from 3:30-4:30.
The DR may be open for lunch when there is a late arrival or early departure from port. This typically occurs on Alaskan itineraries with 2:00 p.m. departures from Ketchikan or 12:30 arrivals in Juneau. We have experienced the same on half day stops on other itineraries such as in Mykonos, Greece and Aarhus, Denmark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our recent cruise Botticelli was was used for breakfast and lunch (sea days only)

So I guess the answer may depend on the itinerary, or some other factor. On our recent cruise on the Grand, Da Vinci was used for breakfast and lunch.

I have all the Patters posted in my review ( see link in my signature), if you happen to plan the same itinerary.

The DR may be open for lunch when there is a late arrival or early departure from port. This typically occurs on Alaskan itineraries with 2:00 p.m. departures from Ketchikan or 12:30 arrivals in Juneau. We have experienced the same on half day stops on other itineraries such as in Mykonos, Greece and Aarhus, Denmark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep, that explains it. The ship arrived at 1:30 that day.