Any trouble getting promotional OBC to show up in your account once onboard?

DH and I booked our upcoming Breakaway cruise in January with an online TA to take advantage of a $250 OBC promotion. The TA said today that the OBC should show up in our account either on the first or second day of the cruise, but occasionally doesn't show up at all during the cruise. I asked for and received an e-mail stating that we are due the OBC but I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble getiing the non-NCL OBC you were expecting, and what happened?

Appreciate any input, thanks.

My TA adds the OBC a few days before the cruise and I can see it on My NCL. I call NCL once I can see it to request an amenities confirmation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My TA adds the OBC a few days before the cruise and I can see it on My NCL. I call NCL once I can see it to request an amenities confirmation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have our NCL amenities confirmation showing everything except the OBC, and the TA told me today they "purchase" our OBC a few weeks prior to the cruise. We've never booked with anyone except the cruis line itself so this process is kind of new to us. I'm sure it will be ok but I wish we could see it now, I hate the idea of possibly chasing a refund after the cruise.

Bring all paperwork on any "deal" or OBC. It pretty much seems to all work out fine, but if you are in the 2% that have a problem.. it can be a big deal. Paperwork will make it much easier.

I had this problem. Just talk to them. On 11/2016, the front desk told me that the credit will appear after you buy the excursion. I thought that was so shady and that they were gonna pull a fast one on me. But after paying, it was deducted from my subtotal. All is good

I lost 100 bucks OBC last year from one of the major online travel sites. It wasnt listed in my account on the first day. Like some folks have stated, I had read it could take 3 days to show up. I waited until the 4th day to inquire with Guest Services. They said "too late". They said they would not get an answer back before the cruise ended and by then it would not do me any good. Lesson learned. Yes I could have called and demanded the cash from the site but it wasnt worth it to me. I try to live as stress free as possible. I will make sure I start asking as soon as I board next time if it isnt there.

I lost 100 bucks OBC last year from one of the major online travel sites. It wasnt listed in my account on the first day. Like some folks have stated, I had read it could take 3 days to show up. I waited until the 4th day to inquire with Guest Services. They said "too late". They said they would not get an answer back before the cruise ended and by then it would not do me any good. Lesson learned. Yes I could have called and demanded the cash from the site but it wasnt worth it to me. I try to live as stress free as possible. I will make sure I start asking as soon as I board next time if it isnt there.

Oh man...sorry...It really annoys me that you, the guest, has to be on things like that. You shouldn't have to nag them for stuff.

On our cruise two years ago, 2 out of 3 rooms DID NOT get the OBC while sailing from the TA. We called and they actually refunded us. When we got home we actually had checks within a few days. $200 each cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your info and suggestions. We have the e-mail from the TA confirming the OBC and will start asking about it at check-in, and will cross our fingers that all goes well. We're so excited about this cruise and can't wait to get back to Bermuda that nothing will put a damper on it, we just weren't sure how prevalent these issues are and what to do if the OBC doesn't show up as promised.

Happy cruising everyone! :)

Thanks everyone for your info and suggestions. We have the e-mail from the TA confirming the OBC and will start asking about it at check-in, and will cross our fingers that all goes well. We're so excited about this cruise and can't wait to get back to Bermuda that nothing will put a damper on it, we just weren't sure how prevalent these issues are and what to do if the OBC doesn't show up as promised.

Happy cruising everyone! :)

Our obc didn't show up on our tv account till Day two but was visible by customer service desk when we boarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums