Island Princess handicap suites on promenade deck aft, any new info?

mamaboss

I have searched many reviews and threads trying to find any info on the accessible suites added to promenade aft, PR726 on the Island Princess. I tried to book an accessible mini suite on Island Princess and a message came up saying none available but we will upgrade you to a full accessible suite for same cost. I went ahead and booked it but the only review on the suite was not very good. Seems not too many cruisers are happy with the new changes to Island in general. Am hoping someone can share their experience in one of these suites. Seems strange all accessible mini's were already gone and they offered up a full suite. Makes me think there is a problem somewhere! Lol

I don't see a problem. You receive a full suite for the price of a mini. Princess accommodates a customer who needs an accessible cabin, so everyone should be happy. They are better off selling you that accessible suite at mini-suite prices than leaving it empty.

A lot of people have complained about the changes to the Island, because they took away public spaces to add cabins. However, they almost doubled the number of accessible cabins. For people who need an accessible cabin, the Island may be your best choice. In my opinion, Princess has a shortage of accessible cabins across the fleet, and the changes to the Island were an attempt to correct that problem.

Don't pay attention to any of the negative posts. Would you rather have more public space on a ship that you couldn't book because they had already sold their few accessible cabins or less public space on a ship that has a cabin that you can use? Even though DW and I don't need an accessible cabin (yet), I'm glad that Princess has seen the need to increase the number.