Viator Excursions

ajtraveler66

Looking at excursions out of Kahului, Maui. Has anyone ever used Viator? Thoughts/comments. Considering one for Maui Tropical Plantation and Iao Valley.

BTW...I read that Iao Valley experienced flooding several months ago....so if you know how conditions are on this now, feel free to comment on that as well.

Thanks.

Looking at excursions out of Kahului, Maui. Has anyone ever used Viator? Thoughts/comments. Considering one for Maui Tropical Plantation and Iao Valley.

BTW...I read that Iao Valley experienced flooding several months ago....so if you know how conditions are on this now, feel free to comment on that as well.

Thanks.

We aren't familiar with how Viator operates, but in pricing one event they show (we used The Feast at Lele as our example), booking directly online with The Feast at Lele, the cost per adult is $130.12 including tax. Booking with Viator the price is $145.00 (and we aren't sure if tax is included or not). Enough said.

You can keep up with the condition of Iao Valley though "Maui Now" online. You might check The Maui News too.

I have not used them in Hawaii, but used them in England and Italy. Basically, they use local tour operators and give them an online booking option so you can book online and in dollars, Since they use different tour operators, some are definitely better than others. They introduced me to my favorite group out of Italy, whom I will book with directly in the future...and I have had some bad experiences...the main advantage is convenience, and being able to schedule and pay in your native language/ currency. For that reason I would not use them in Hawaii. When I have looked at them for something in the states, I have found their prices are higher so you are paying for convenience

Thanks.

Viator is a tour consolidator, and you really don't know who the tour provider is in most cases. If you are going to book a tour, I'd book direct with the tour company for the best experience and the least $. ( See Trip Advisor for excursion/tour recommendations ).

To see Iao Valley, all one needs to do is drive up and park, which is the case with most attractions in Hawaii. Why pay for expensive tours? Just research what you want to see, rent a car, and plan your day. Driving is very easy in Hawaii.