50's/60's cruise -AAA/Malt Shop/etc.

beshears

I have heard of the 50's/60's rock & roll cruises through AAA, and also Malt Shop, and there probably are more.

I am trying to compare "prices," especially. I know all these 50's & 60's rock & roll cruises are about the same.

I know it depends upon how many entertainers they have also, so maybe that is what makes the difference on price???

I have been on cruises where AAA was putting them on, but we were not able to attend, but they did not take over the whole ship.

I believe with the Malt Shop, they take over the whole ship.

My question, if you have done the cruise through AAA, or even through Malt Shop, etc., or know of anyone that has, "pricewise", is one better than the other, or the price about the same?

I have done many cruises, but nothing with this theme.

I can only comment on the Malt shop cruise as I have said before the prices are higher that a normal cruise but you get morning to night entertainment

You get to talk to the performers they are willing to stop & chat when you see them around the ship

The gratuities are added to the bottom line & no way to remove them

lots of things going on sometimes too much to do

Yes MSMC does charter the whole ship ..so everyone is there for the same reason ..no scowly faces when you are allowed into the private functions from the other guests

try it you may enjoy it :D

IMHO, what it really boils down to is how big of a FAN are you of the music and the artists..if you look at the line up of the full charter music theme cruises (i.e. MSM etc) and if at least 3 of the acts you would pay to see if they had a concert in your town , then the full charters are well worth the cost difference...

I agree 150% with beshears...the energy of both guests and artists on a full charter is incredible and you will make life time friends that you will probably see every year on the charter...it is impossible to do everything, but that's ok...you do alittle bit of everything and enjoy the spirit

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have heard of the 50's/60's rock & roll cruises through AAA, and also Malt Shop, and there probably are more.

I am trying to compare "prices," especially. I know all these 50's & 60's rock & roll cruises are about the same.

I know it depends upon how many entertainers they have also, so maybe that is what makes the difference on price???

I have been on cruises where AAA was putting them on, but we were not able to attend, but they did not take over the whole ship.

I believe with the Malt Shop, they take over the whole ship.

My question, if you have done the cruise through AAA, or even through Malt Shop, etc., or know of anyone that has, "pricewise", is one better than the other, or the price about the same?

I have done many cruises, but nothing with this theme.

Hi... I have been on 5 Malt Shop cruises and 2 Flower Power cruises and yes I can confirm that the price is substantially higher than a normal cruise. Malt Shop & Flower Power charter the whole ship and if you love this music that's the place to be. definitely worth the money for me because I enjoy that music alot. This will be my first AAA 50s cruise and I'm very excited about it. It is not as expensive as the Malt Shop one but they are not chartering the ship and I'm looking forward to a balance of regular cruise and cruise activities plus the extra music. I will let you know how it is next March. Have a great night.

Maryjo

check out the Rocky and the Roller cruises with AAA. The have on next March 2018 to eastern and western Caribbean and May 2017 to Alaska. There are usually only 800 oldies cruisers on the ship unlike Malt Shop which is the entire ship.

This will be my first AAA cruise March 11 can't wait.

Maryjo

Maryjo, thanks for getting back with me on this. At this point, I still have not taken any of these type of cruises as yet. Actually there were 8 (never done this large of a group before) of us that went in March on a nice cruise and had a great time.

You say you will be doing a cruise through AAA in March? Do I have to join AAA and use their services to do this? You said it is cheaper, and as you can probably guess, that is what I am looking for. I just retired after working for a very large corporate office as their receptionist, so as you can guess, the money is NOT flowing in like before.

If you don't get back with me before, yes I would like to know how your March AAA cruise went.

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...
Maryjo, thanks for getting back with me on this. At this point, I still have not taken any of these type of cruises as yet. Actually there were 8 (never done this large of a group before) of us that went in March on a nice cruise and had a great time.

You say you will be doing a cruise through AAA in March? Do I have to join AAA and use their services to do this? You said it is cheaper, and as you can probably guess, that is what I am looking for. I just retired after working for a very large corporate office as their receptionist, so as you can guess, the money is NOT flowing in like before.

If you don't get back with me before, yes I would like to know how your March AAA cruise went.

Brenda

Hi Brenda, when I said it was less expensive I meant as compared to Malt Shop cruise (which is fully chartered)... it is more expensive than if you are booking a regular RCL cruise on Oasis. Hope that helps.

MJ

we will be on this cruise enjoying DooWop with you!!

That's awesome! It's such a great lineup I cannot wait. I'm traveling with my 29 year old daughter and she's more excited than I am. LOL.

Look forward to seeing you aboard ship

Maryjo

• 2 months later...

We have did 5 cruises with the concert at sea group and it is usually in Jan. however we can not go this year in Jan and wondering if anyone can compare that with the Rocky and Roller cruises, they have two in March 2018 and considering one of those.

We love the Concert at Sea , very well put together and lots of fun

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2017 at 6:42 PM, emjayel56 said:

Hi... I have been on 5 Malt Shop cruises and 2 Flower Power cruises and yes I can confirm that the price is substantially higher than a normal cruise. Malt Shop & Flower Power charter the whole ship and if you love this music that's the place to be. definitely worth the money for me because I enjoy that music alot. This will be my first AAA 50s cruise and I'm very excited about it. It is not as expensive as the Malt Shop one but they are not chartering the ship and I'm looking forward to a balance of regular cruise and cruise activities plus the extra music. I will let you know how it is next March. Have a great night.

Maryjo

Edited by beshears
Put in the wrong area.

• 2 months later...