Need afternoon tour/activity for a few hours.

maryjaden

We have an excursion booked from 8:30 - 12:30. Our ship doesn't leave until 5 pm, so I assume all aboard would be by 4 pm. We are not big beach people. Does anyone have any suggestions to fill a few hours in the afternoon. It seems like most of the tours are 3-4 hours and I think that would be cutting it pretty close.

My parents (ages 72 & 76) will be with us and are pretty active. I am not opposed to getting a cab or van or is there interesting spots near port. We are cruising in August on the Harmony.

We have an excursion booked from 8:30 - 12:30. Our ship doesn't leave until 5 pm, so I assume all aboard would be by 4 pm. We are not big beach people. Does anyone have any suggestions to fill a few hours in the afternoon. It seems like most of the tours are 3-4 hours and I think that would be cutting it pretty close.

My parents (ages 72 & 76) will be with us and are pretty active. I am not opposed to getting a cab or van or is there interesting spots near port. We are cruising in August on the Harmony.

You don't say what sort of excursion you are doing, or what you are already visiting?

If you are looking for somewhere quiet, and maybe lunch, I would take a taxi, (or you could walk along the sea front 10-15 mins, if you are docked in town) to Palms Court Gardens. Small gardens and excellent view of ships docked in the bay. You can enjoy lunch and/or drinks and tour garden and small shop. I think you need to get a day pass ($12) if you want to swim in the pool - best to reserve your lounger and tell them you will be late. You can call for taxi or walk back. If at out of town dock you will need a taxi.

http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/admissions

Thank you. We are currently booked through a ship excursion doing the train and a cataraman. This lasts from 8:30 until 12:30. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with a reputable cab/tour company near port for a few hours, if there are any "must see". Otherwise we will walk around the poor area.

We did a bar hopping tour last time and booked through shore excursioneer. Our guide was super fun and she knew many things about St. Kitts. I think they have an afternoon tour, if you like rum and want a tour of the island this might be an option

Who is this through and how long does it last? Is there an option to stay at a beach?