Retired discounts

timkins42

Princess gives on-board credit: $100 for a 7-day cruise and $250 for 14-day cruise. You only need to register your status with them once to get the OBC. They keep it on file and you get it automatically the next time you cruise with them.

Not sure what the other lines do.

The Princess military OBC is combinable with any other OBC from any other source.

As for the cost of the cruise, find a TA that books a lot of Princess cruises (20+/day) and discounts. They get the best rates to start with and offer group rates, even though you're not in a group. You can save 10-20% plus get OBC, in addition to the military OBC.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know which cruise lines give discounts or OBC to retired military?

Celebrity does also.

It is a discounted rate that will show up periodically.

We received it one time, after final payment was made.

The rate showed up for our cabin category and we contacted our TA, and they applied the benefit in the form of an OBC.

Here are their rules: (Celebrity)

To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

1. Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.

2. Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.

3. Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.

4. Spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. All other guests traveling in the same stateroom are also eligible for the military rate. Spouse must present the PINK Dependent Military ID upon check-in as proof of eligibility.

Norwegian does, too.

We were told in November by our PCC that military/veteran rates would be discontinued per company policy, but it seems as if that was just a rogue PCC. We have since been reassigned to a new PCC, and NCL has posted their military rates for 2013 on their website. You can view these designated sailings under the "specials" tab.

• 4 weeks later...

Also MSC and Costa and Pullmantur (Spanish). Windstar used to, but don't anymore that I can tell.

If you want to find all the current discounts listed in one place, you can always go to VTG and use their military discount listing.

(33+ years US Army but who counts now that I am retired!)

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Princess , Carnival ,HAL , Celebrity and RCI have discounts for active or retired military/police/ambulance personnel.

HAL has NO military discount what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an honorably discharged veteran, DH has received these discounts over the years from Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival, but not from Holland America (active personnel only is my understanding). We have benefited from some fantastic--almost unbelievable--veterans' discounts from booking either on the Memorial Day weekend or on Veterans' Day.

Thank you for your service!

• 3 weeks later...

Military discounts aren't offered on all cruises, like a percentage off the price. , At least that's the case with Royal Caribbean. They are offered on specific cruises and often on specific cabin categories of those cruises.

I'm not sure if I can give name of the popular website directly that helps me find what cruises are discounted. You can google "military discounts on cruises" and it was the second advertisement at the top of the page (begins with the letter V). Go to their page and look down the left sidebar of the page for Military Discounts. Fills in the info for your interests and you'll get a list. The only problem is once you click on a cruise and want to go back to the list it kicks you back to the home page and you have to start again, but it's worth it to save some money. I just found a 7 day cruise in Feb. for $385! Happy shopping.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...