Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

We're cruising over Halloween, so I thought I would get into the spirit and decorate accordingly. I ordered a magnetic zombie and skeleton that come with various clothing magnets to dress them up. It'll help me find our cabin, and it will be fun if other passengers change their clothes around. I'll dress them up in their fanciest clothes for formal night. I hope nobody steals them, but I guess it's not the end of the world if they vanish.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJGF1YA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENMI378/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We're cruising over Halloween, so I thought I would get into the spirit and decorate accordingly. I ordered a magnetic zombie and skeleton that come with various clothing magnets to dress them up. It'll help me find our cabin, and it will be fun if other passengers change their clothes around. I'll dress them up in their fanciest clothes for formal night. I hope nobody steals them, but I guess it's not the end of the world if they vanish.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJGF1YA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENMI378/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love this

So appropriate

Enjoy the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

My family has rooms across from each other for a Christmas Cruise and I bought window clings and magnetic snowman, tree, santa etc for our doors.

I also have those gel clings for the window of my balcony and I might get lights for the balcony also. We each have a 15 inch tree for our rooms. We are driving to port so we don't have to worry about too much luggage. It will be so much fun!

My family has rooms across from each other for a Christmas Cruise and I bought window clings and magnetic snowman, tree, santa etc for our doors.

I also have those gel clings for the window of my balcony and I might get lights for the balcony also. We each have a 15 inch tree for our rooms. We are driving to port so we don't have to worry about too much luggage. It will be so much fun!

Someone told me the gel cling left a residue on their cabin door. I just bought 7 different Christmas themed clings and really hoped to put these on the door. Any clue if this is accurate and allowed? I'm sailing Celebrity.

Thanks!

-Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Girls cruise...my GF and I had trophy wives, other GF had Packer Fans.

Celebrity Reflection * February 2012 (Birthday)

Celebrity Summit * December 2013 (New Years)

Norwegian Dawn * March 2014 (Spring Break)

Norwegian Sky * September 2014 (Girls Trip)

Norwegian Epic * March 2015 (Spring Break)

Celebrity Silhouette * September 2015 (Anniversary /Birthday)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I are putting sticky notes on the door along with a pen and an empty tissue box for people to sign or leave notes or whatever. We're hoping a small sign that says "Sign a Stick Note!" or something will garner more responses.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! Sorry for the late revival, but I have a question. Does Princess allow door decor, still? If so, what are the rules (what kind of adhesive is acceptable)? The info on the first page of this thread is dated 2007. So, I'm just checking. I would've posted in the actual Princess boars, but kinda want to avoid negative feedback (it's stupid, etc.). Thanks in advance for anything anyone can tell me.

I made this personalized 'family name' bunting/banner. Used jute rope and a variety of colored cardstock. Painted the letters w white acrylic paint. Hung with magnets. I loved some of the ideas shared on here!! I might do the dry erase board next time. ImageUploadedByForums1427769822.318779.jpg.7e86213ca8cfcba858b7b4db3c89ad8d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427769804.235833.jpg.70983185fd2938b6a8cbe14c0efda551.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DO NOT USE GEL CLINGS! THEY WILL STAIN THE PAINT ON A DOOR WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

My mom put these on a painted door at her assisted living, which is the same type of painted door on a cruise ship, and the dyes in the gel clings STAINED the door, causing permanent damage that can only be repaired by applying a stain-blocking primer and paint. Another cruiser on a forum said that it stained a door and she was charged to repair the door. It cannot be removed with Magic Eraser because the color is embedded in the paint. These are designed ONLY for use on glass.

The cruise lines will charge you for the damage. Stay away from the thick gel cling decorations...the vinyl decorations that are flat and soft vinyl will NOT damage.

Hoping to put a "she said yes" sign on mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

And ItsAllAboutTheSass......when will we know???

We are taking a "bucket list" and putting it up, along with a magnetic pencil holder of pens. A column for name, hometown, been there/done that, some day/some way. Hoping with our great cabin location (midship, right around from the elevators) that we will get lots of contributors. Also have pics of us from previous cruises to put up.

Lastly, post-it notes to leave messages or hellos or "anyone up for some Scrabble or Karaoke?"

Fun times ahead!!!

• 2 months later...