Pics/Info of G Category Oceanview(forward Obstructed view) on RCL Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

Hi there. I'm looking for some help with some more personal information and ideally pictures about the type of cabin I have booked on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas.

I can only find 1 small dark picture online that seemingly reflects the features/configuration of my cabin #9102 which is a "G Category (Obstructed view) Ocean-view cabin" that is at the very forward part of the ship.

I have tried looking this up and can only find pics/info from cabins on Allure or Oasis and I do know the cabin style/lay-out has changed on Harmony of the Seas. (plus personal experiences are much preferred vs RCL info)

If someone can chime in with their experiences/information/comments and hopefully pictures of such a cabin I would really appreciate it. It doesn't have to be cabin 9102, but anything located forward in the same category from deck 7 up would be very helpful.

Supposedly the outer wall is slanted to reflect the angle of the front of the cabins at the front of the ship. Does this pose a problem? How about light?

Being so far forward do you feel any more motion? Any noise from bow thrusters? (or would that be minimized by me being on deck 9?)

I heard that the Obstructed part means that I would be looking out over the helipad/bow of the ship and then out to the ocean. How was the view for you?

How was the size of the cabin for 2 people ? Usual features?

Unfortunately I had to take a connecting cabin. Does anyone know how much noisier this is compared to a non-connecting cabin?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Your question has been lingering unanswered for over three months and you maybe have already cruised, making this moot. But I'll take a stab anyway just in case.

First of all, not sure why you think 9102 is obstructed view - it is not. You have a completely unobstructed forward view. If you look down you will see the bow / helipad, but that is not considered an obstruction as say a lifeboat in front of your view would be. Besides it is four decks below you, not right below you.

Not sure that the stateroom style has changed on this ship - the staterooms are just being renamed and recategorized fleet wide. That ultimately will likely only have a change regarding pricing.

Yes the forward wall has a slight slant to it to follow the superstructure angle in the front of the ship. This will not take away from the space or function of the stateroom. The forward windows are large and plenty of light enters the room - the wall angle does not have any impact on that.

The furthest forward staterooms will feel the up and down motion of any ship more than any other location, in particular as compared to the middle of the ship. But how that will affect you is relative to your sensitivity to motion and the sea conditions you experience. Harmony will certainly handle that better than smaller ships, but stabilization does not impact up and down wave motion, only side to side rolling motion. So as go the seas in head on waves, so goes the ship.

You will have no bow thruster noise, but any ship could produce vibration from the bow thrusters. But the only time they are used is during docking - arrivals or departures - for very short periods of time.

The stateroom is fine for two people. There are similarly sized staterooms designated to hold up to four. You will have two twin beds typically configured as a king, a small bathroom and shower, closet space, cabinet with drawers and a dressing table, probably a love seat v couch due to the door space required for the connecting room, and a nightstand - typical of most staterooms that size. Noise will depend on your neighbors, but connecting rooms can be somewhat noisier resulting from the connecting doors v a solid wall.

Hope this helps and is not too late.