Pride Go-Go Elite Traveler VS. Golden Buzzaround EX

twin123185

I looked at the website for the Golden Buzzaround and it seems to be comparable to what I purchased. I posted the below post a while ago and since then, I have grown to LOVE this scooter..and I saved A LOT of $$$$$. You may want to check it out.

After much research, I just purchased a scooter that seems to meet my needs. My circumstances are not as critical as some other people. I just cannot walk long distances anymore. My last cruise proved extremely challenging and was unable to leave the ship. With my up coming cruise to the ABC Islands for the first time, I refuse to miss it!!! This seems like the perfect solution. I did not want to invest thousands of dollars, since I only need the scooter for certain circumstances. I saw another post about the Echo 3. Pretty good reviews on Ebay and the company website. I saw it was advertised at Walgreens for $499 plus free shipping. I then found a coupon for Walgreens for $75 on retailmenot!!!! Yipeeeee. Here is a pic. It will be here on Friday according to the Fex Ex confirmation. I will let you know how it works out.

155_zpsrs7hqwuz.jpg

Before you buy a scooter that has to be taken apart for transport, I urge you to take it apart and put it back together in the store. Several times. Can you do it by yourself or will you need help? Can you stand long enough? Can you lift the pieces into and out of your vehicle? Can you see yourself doing the take-apart-and-put-together routine several times per day? I couldn't, so I bought a folding scooter instead, which works (for MY needs and situation, which are not necessarily yours) much better.

That said, I'm pretty sure I have seen posts here from people who have the Pride and love it.

I looked at the website for the Golden Buzzaround and it seems to be comparable to what I purchased. I posted the below post a while ago and since then, I have grown to LOVE this scooter..and I saved A LOT of $$$$$. You may want to check it out.

After much research, I just purchased a scooter that seems to meet my needs. My circumstances are not as critical as some other people. I just cannot walk long distances anymore. My last cruise proved extremely challenging and was unable to leave the ship. With my up coming cruise to the ABC Islands for the first time, I refuse to miss it!!! This seems like the perfect solution. I did not want to invest thousands of dollars, since I only need the scooter for certain circumstances. I saw another post about the Echo 3. Pretty good reviews on Ebay and the company website. I saw it was advertised at Walgreens for $499 plus free shipping. I then found a coupon for Walgreens for $75 on retailmenot!!!! Yipeeeee. Here is a pic. It will be here on Friday according to the Fex Ex confirmation. I will let you know how it works out.

155_zpsrs7hqwuz.jpg

Excellent, thank you. I will check it out. I need to check weight limit too. Good luck with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before you buy a scooter that has to be taken apart for transport, I urge you to take it apart and put it back together in the store. Several times. Can you do it by yourself or will you need help? Can you stand long enough? Can you lift the pieces into and out of your vehicle? Can you see yourself doing the take-apart-and-put-together routine several times per day? I couldn't, so I bought a folding scooter instead, which works (for MY needs and situation, which are not necessarily yours) much better.

That said, I'm pretty sure I have seen posts here from people who have the Pride and love it.

Thank you. I can stand long enough. I appreciate your insight! I am more concerned with actual performance.

Edited by twin123185

So that you understand a serious problem, I'll give you a bit of my scooter history.

My first mobility scooter was Golden Tech's Buzz Around, their very first model. I loved it. At the time I was a bit on the heavy side (approx. 215 lbs) but that was not a problem. Also, I'm 5' 7”, thus sit a bit higher than many. Regardless, I never felt “top” heavy on that scooter. I had it for about 8 years and definitely did not pamper it. However, I also refrained from disassembling and reassembling it. My son made a lift and I use that getting it in and out of the van.

I was on a cruise when the Buzz Around started dying on me. Serious problem; we still had a road trip from Baltimore to Tampa and a couple more cruises, thus I have to get a reliable scooter.

Fortunately I had lost a good 60 pounds, thus I do not need one quite as sturdy. Actually, since I had lost the weight, I was not worried; bad decision on my part. I got the Go-Go. Even at 150 pounds, I feel top heavy riding on it. Also, performance wise, the Buzz Around had more gumption. If I could afford getting another Buzz Around, I would give my Go-Go to 130 pound person and get the more sturdy Buzz Around.

If you are on the plump side, I would highly recommend that you avoid a Go-Go. Or at least get a four wheel one and still treat it like you are riding a bicycle or horse.

Oh, before the Buzz Around, I had a kids two wheel electric scooter with a seat. It was perfect, except for air tires. A flat tire really creates problems. To appease the airlines, I did have a doctor's statement that I required it as a mobile device. I even felt safer on it than I do the Go-Go.

Regardless of what you decide, have a wonderful trip.

Betty

So that you understand a serious problem, I'll give you a bit of my scooter history.

My first mobility scooter was Golden Tech's Buzz Around, their very first model. I loved it. At the time I was a bit on the heavy side (approx. 215 lbs) but that was not a problem. Also, I'm 5' 7”, thus sit a bit higher than many. Regardless, I never felt “top” heavy on that scooter. I had it for about 8 years and definitely did not pamper it. However, I also refrained from disassembling and reassembling it. My son made a lift and I use that getting it in and out of the van.

I was on a cruise when the Buzz Around started dying on me. Serious problem; we still had a road trip from Baltimore to Tampa and a couple more cruises, thus I have to get a reliable scooter.

Fortunately I had lost a good 60 pounds, thus I do not need one quite as sturdy. Actually, since I had lost the weight, I was not worried; bad decision on my part. I got the Go-Go. Even at 150 pounds, I feel top heavy riding on it. Also, performance wise, the Buzz Around had more gumption. If I could afford getting another Buzz Around, I would give my Go-Go to 130 pound person and get the more sturdy Buzz Around.

If you are on the plump side, I would highly recommend that you avoid a Go-Go. Or at least get a four wheel one and still treat it like you are riding a bicycle or horse.

Oh, before the Buzz Around, I had a kids two wheel electric scooter with a seat. It was perfect, except for air tires. A flat tire really creates problems. To appease the airlines, I did have a doctor's statement that I required it as a mobile device. I even felt safer on it than I do the Go-Go.

Regardless of what you decide, have a wonderful trip.

Betty

Thank you. Yes I am on the plump side. Used a Go-Go on a 6 day cruise last year and it was fine. I need to rent one I think to see if it's good for me at home to ride up and down the Boardwalk. I will also rent the buzz around. Renting is easy where I live. Thanks

twin123185,

I started to do a lot of research and found that there are hundreds of scooters out there! Possibly thousands. I think that, for me, a scooter that is light enough to travel and strong enough to handle the wear and tear of use is what is needed. You can spend 500 to 5000 dollars easily. There are 2 scooters that aren't usually rented the TravelScoot and the SmartScoot. They can be rented @ Scoot Anywhere. I'd advise you try these guys they send it to your home (if you want) and when you're done you call them to ship it back.

Good Luck in whatever you decide there are a LOT of choices out there.

twin123185,

I started to do a lot of research and found that there are hundreds of scooters out there! Possibly thousands. I think that, for me, a scooter that is light enough to travel and strong enough to handle the wear and tear of use is what is needed. You can spend 500 to 5000 dollars easily. There are 2 scooters that aren't usually rented the TravelScoot and the SmartScoot. They can be rented @ Scoot Anywhere. I'd advise you try these guys they send it to your home (if you want) and when you're done you call them to ship it back.

Good Luck in whatever you decide there are a LOT of choices out there.

Thank you!

I would love options on these two models please. Thank you. Which one would be better to travel with, take apart and put back together, general riding.

I can only speak to the Pride GoGo Elite Traveller Plus (3-wheel). We recently returned from a cruise on the Carnival Pride, my 4th time bringing the scooter. I never wanted a scooter, but my mobility started to worsen a bit, thanks to MS. Anyway, it's the best purchase we ever made. At home, we keep the scooter in the car, and bring the battery in to charge it. When we cruise with it, we get a standard balcony cabin, we remove the armrests, DH holds the cabin door open, and I drive right into the cabin. I have it down to a science now. I don't need an accessible cabin, I can use a cane in the cabin.

The scooter comes apart in 5 pieces if necessary. It isn't in our way in the cabin, and the steward doesn't have any problems with it because it's never in the cabin when the steward has to clean, because we're out and about.

Before the scooter purchase, I tried several models and chose the Pride scooter, I did practice runs, etc. prior to ever taking it on a cruise. I've had it for about 6-7 years and we replaced the battery once in 2016.

I also have a Luggie scooter. I tried it once. We purchased it for MIL, but she never used it. I find that particular scooter very hard to open (it folds up and down), and it seems really heavy to me. I'll take the Pride GoGo any day. Also, I find it very easy to operate. I've never felt unsteady and I'm 5'6" and average weight. I operate it carefully, keeping it at a moderate speed. I'm very adept in pulling into the cabin, then turning the scooter completely around so that I'm facing the doorway and I can just drive right out of the cabin again. My best advice would be to try the scooter before you purchase, practice with it so that you have full control when you use it. Get a good feel for it before taking it out, as a safety precaution for you and people around you.:)

I can only speak to the Pride GoGo Elite Traveller Plus (3-wheel). We recently returned from a cruise on the Carnival Pride, my 4th time bringing the scooter. I never wanted a scooter, but my mobility started to worsen a bit, thanks to MS. Anyway, it's the best purchase we ever made. At home, we keep the scooter in the car, and bring the battery in to charge it. When we cruise with it, we get a standard balcony cabin, we remove the armrests, DH holds the cabin door open, and I drive right into the cabin. I have it down to a science now. I don't need an accessible cabin, I can use a cane in the cabin.

The scooter comes apart in 5 pieces if necessary. It isn't in our way in the cabin, and the steward doesn't have any problems with it because it's never in the cabin when the steward has to clean, because we're out and about.

Before the scooter purchase, I tried several models and chose the Pride scooter, I did practice runs, etc. prior to ever taking it on a cruise. I've had it for about 6-7 years and we replaced the battery once in 2016.

I also have a Luggie scooter. I tried it once. We purchased it for MIL, but she never used it. I find that particular scooter very hard to open (it folds up and down), and it seems really heavy to me. I'll take the Pride GoGo any day. Also, I find it very easy to operate. I've never felt unsteady and I'm 5'6" and average weight. I operate it carefully, keeping it at a moderate speed. I'm very adept in pulling into the cabin, then turning the scooter completely around so that I'm facing the doorway and I can just drive right out of the cabin again. My best advice would be to try the scooter before you purchase, practice with it so that you have full control when you use it. Get a good feel for it before taking it out, as a safety precaution for you and people around you.:)

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone. I decided not to get a travel scooter. I will rent one if need be on a cruise.

I found a great deal locally on a used Golden GC-440 which is fantastic for trips up and down the Atlantic City Boardwalk. It is noticeably sturdier on the Boardwalk with the 4 wheels. Have a great weekend everyone.

So glad you found a solution that will work for you. I love my folding scooter but it's not the best choice for everyone.

There is no question that if stability is an issue, 4-wheels is better. Doesn't matter if the user has balance problems or you plan to use it on uneven surfaces like a boardwalk. And how super that you got a good deal on it! Enjoy your new freedom!

So glad you found a solution that will work for you. I love my folding scooter but it's not the best choice for everyone.

There is no question that if stability is an issue, 4-wheels is better. Doesn't matter if the user has balance problems or you plan to use it on uneven surfaces like a boardwalk. And how super that you got a good deal on it! Enjoy your new freedom!

Thank you and happy cruising!

Trying to go through the insurance company was a JOKE!