Getting from Heathrow Terminal 5 to where a hired driver will be parked in short term

We will be flying into Heathrow and hiring a driver to take take us to Southampton where we will be staying a few days before a cruise.

I rented a scooter that will be on the ship and using the airline wheel chair to get from plane.

Does anyone know if wheelchair assistant from the airline take me to where the driver's car will in the short term parking lot? If not, any suggestions on how to get to car?

Thank you!

I try to avoid LHR if I can, but in other London airports there is a pick up area and the Special Assistance person will usually take you there. If that's not the case at LHR I would contact the company from where you have booked the car and ask them exactly where they pick up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you.

I emailed Heathrow Airport last weekend and got this response back:

"You can have assistance outside to the car park, all you need to do is let the agent know who is assisting you and they will be able to arrange assistance for you.

Alternatively, you can let an agent know at on of our special assistance desks and they will also be able to arrange this for you."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need SAwhen I travel and always book it on the airline website when I make my reservation for both outbound and inbound flights.

All you need to do now is check with the car company exactly where the driver will be waiting and where he will have parked his car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums