Diving at Blue Bay Curacao?

JMCruiser111

Has anyone here tried scuba diving at Blue Bay in Curacao? Trying to find a beach where we can shore dive, that will still be good for our non-diver companions. I hear the snorkeling here is decent but what about scuba?

Thanks in advance!

Can't comment specifically but Curacao diving in general is very nice. I've done many dives north of Blue bay and a dive south as well. I see no reason the area between the two would not be worth diving. There are several shore dive sites listed on my Curacao map and youtube videos of Blue Bay diving look nice. Looks like a reasonably steep wall dive and the swim out doesn't look too bad. I'd dive there

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in Curacao many years ago and have dove most all of the sites. Blue Bay was private when I lived there, but did dive there once. There is very good diving in Curacao and most all is shore diving. Swim out to the wall, drop down. Very easy to navigate. Also a nice beach and diving is Cas Abao. I think you will enjoy Curacao. Eat some nasi with sate after the dive. We are going back in October and I am looking forward to diving there again.

• 3 weeks later...

When we went to Curacao we booked a tour with scubacao.com. Those mostly do scuba but they took us snorkeling and we had a great time and the cost was very reasonable. . We did kind of a jeep safari thing to snorkel off a a private beach in some kind of wildlife preserve and then went to the Blue Room (do a search on youtube for the blue room). In fact that trip is what got me to get into scuba diving.