Royal Cartibean Aussie Drinks thru the roof

If they make the drink packages to expensive no one will buy them and hopefully they will need to discount.

I just can't justify those costs especially when for similar prices you are paying you could nearly go on an el cheapo cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If they make the drink packages to expensive no one will buy them and hopefully they will need to discount.

I just can't justify those costs especially when for similar prices you are paying you could nearly go on an el cheapo cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One without drinks.:p

We've decided to just do refreshments and upgrade to deluxe 4 days out. By then it's cheaper, probably discounted, and on the final leg so more time to enjoy it and get worth from it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've decided to just do refreshments and upgrade to deluxe 4 days out. By then it's cheaper, probably discounted, and on the final leg so more time to enjoy it and get worth from it!

Not long back from 14 nights on Voyager, there were no discounts offered onboard for beverage packages at anytime during that cruise.

Realistically even at the undiscounted price if you like a drink it would still be cheaper than paying as you go.

Not long back from 14 nights on Voyager, there were no discounts offered onboard for beverage packages at anytime during that cruise.

Realistically even at the undiscounted price if you like a drink it would still be cheaper than paying as you go.

4 days is going to be significantly doable than 14 in any case. The rules are you can get the package at anytime as long as no less than 4 days left in the cruise. I'm told by many other Australian voyagers they are often discounted around this time even if it isn't, still a more viable option for us, as we have many ports to visit and could never drink $175 dollars a day worth of alcohol and drinks for 14 solid days.

Drinks package released for Ovation of the Seas Feb 2018 - deluxe is $86.97 aud per day each. This prices out at $2435.16 for a 14 day cruise. Most I know are priced out and horrified. Practically the price of another cruise. Heads up for anyone planning on RCI out of Australia. 2018. Ovation cruise leaving Dec 2017 is only 69.68aud by comparison. And yes I've checked with other cruisers on my cruise - that's the amount. We may be cancelling as a result. Hoping an error has been made.

Princess now has a promotion for free All Inclusive Drink Package, balcony and above.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the comments about drink cards, on our last 3 RCI cruises (1 Explorer and 2 Radiance), on the morning of the 2nd last sea day staff were everywhere around the Windjammer flogging a 10 Drinks Card for $70 US. If you are a beer drinker, not worth it, but for any drink over $7 we found it excellent value. There are no restrictions on its use. However, if you don't use the full 10 drinks, there is no pro rata refund. It wasnt hard to justify the purchase. All of these 3 cruises were over 10 days in length, with two full sea days before Sydney. Other posters may have experienced the offer on shorter cruises?

Regarding the comments about drink cards, on our last 3 RCI cruises (1 Explorer and 2 Radiance), on the morning of the 2nd last sea day staff were everywhere around the Windjammer flogging a 10 Drinks Card for $70 US. If you are a beer drinker, not worth it, but for any drink over $7 we found it excellent value. There are no restrictions on its use. However, if you don't use the full 10 drinks, there is no pro rata refund. It wasnt hard to justify the purchase. All of these 3 cruises were over 10 days in length, with two full sea days before Sydney. Other posters may have experienced the offer on shorter cruises?

It's good to hear that they have been offered on these ships. [emoji4]