Baltic Cruise shore excursions when walking is limited

Colted45

Hello, my husband and I and another couple are going on a Norwegian cruise to the Baltics. Ports of call include: Warnemunde (excursion to Berlin); Tallinn,Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; and Stockholm, Sweden. When I scheduled my excursions I was mobile but have sustained a knee injury that requires a brace and limited walking. I will be traveling with a wheelchair and am finding that many of the excursions I've booked cannot accommodate. Does anyone know of drivers who might be able to take two couples to see the sites that might not require as much walking. We are also spending time in Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Oslo so the same issue exists there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use a scooter and was well pleased with SPB tours when we were there 5 years ago. We have engaged them again for our tours in July this year. They offer tours in most of the cities you mentioned. You need to be able to transfer to a van.

We were very happy using Sage Travel. We used them in Tallin and SPB. They have a very extensive website that can be very helpful for European travel. We did not go to Berlin, feeling that the trip was much too long for the time we had. Instead, we happened to be in Warmarunde during a wonderful sea festival. There is a path that is accessible to get from the port to the seaside walk.

In many of the cities you listed, we just took the HOHO buses. They all have ramps and we enjoyed exploring on our own.

If you can, rent a scooter.

Then you would be independent to drive yourself instead of someone pushing you.

I used TJ Travel in St. Petersburg and used a wheelchair. The guide knew all the handicapped entrances. My husband had to push the wheelchair.

A wheel chair would be better for St. Petersburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took a manual wheelchair to the Baltic. Tallin was a challenge, but we took a taxi to the top of the hill and walked down.

In SPB we booked the two day Comfort Tour with Alla Tours who were great and had lots of help from guide and driver.

I don't understand what you mean that Tours can't accommodate, so please give more details.

The port's are easy to DIY anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums