Red eye flight home out of Seattle

My 19 year old daughter and I are cruising Alaska with Princess out of Seattle in August. Our return flight home does not leave till 11:30 pm( only flight home available). Any ideas what to do... what to do with our luggage etc. I am alittle lost with this. I thought about the Seattle excursion but that only takes us till early afternoon and leaves us with at least 6 plus hours. Help please! TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're staying at a hotel in Seattle pre-cruise you could ask them if you can leave your luggage with them post cruise until you need to go to the airport. Then you've got some flexibility in terms of walking around, seeing and doing things.

You could also check with hotels to see if any of them offer day rooms.

We are in the same situation, but our flight leaves at 11:55 pm. We've decided to rent a car (partly to store luggage) & take in sights we might have missed pre-cruise & spend the day at the Museum of Flight. Since we'll have the evening as well, we thought about taking the ferry to Bainbridge, then head to the airport.

We are in the same situation, but our flight leaves at 11:55 pm. We've decided to rent a car (partly to store luggage) & take in sights we might have missed pre-cruise & spend the day at the Museum of Flight. Since we'll have the evening as well, we thought about taking the ferry to Bainbridge, then head to the airport.

Where are you renting a car from (the pier?)?

My husband can get discounts from work thru Avis or Budget, so we selected the one near the Space Needle (they both are located in the same building on 4th). We'll either Uber or Lyft to the pickup as they don't serve the pier. We originally were going to go with one of the companies at the pier (they will pick you up & take you to their location), but the discount he gets thru work was so much better, even with having to pay to get there.

The museum of Flight is great you get to listen in on a real control tower communicating with airplanes taking off and landing!!

Check out the Port Valet luggage service and see if your flight (so late) is eligible. You can have your checked luggage tagged with a special airline tag (with all the right bar codes) and leave it int he ship hallway the night before. It will be transported to the airport and onto your flight. You never see it again until you arrive at your final destination airport (you hope :eek: ;)). This is a relatively new service of the Port of Seattle since they operate both the cruise port and the airport. If you can limit your carry-ons so you don't have much to lug around all day it opens up all sorts of opportunities. Then take Link lightrail to the airport. Plenty to do downtown to take up that much time as well as time enough to take ferry over to Bainbridge Is. or Bremerton for dinner and ferry back to downtown. If weather is clear the views of Mt. Rainier from the water are great. Your 19 yo might be interested in MoPop, the Museum of Pop Culture, at Seattle Center (near Space Needle).

Renting a car opens even more given that much time including the wineries of Woodenville and nearby Snoqualmie Falls and, as noted already, the Museum of Flight.