Need help, fellow O devotées!

chelseabelsea

Hello all, my husband and I are devoted O cruisers, with many cruises with O. We have an opportunity to take a Regent cruise at a Super price point, competitive with O. For those of you who have sailed both, I wish to ask- will we be disappointed? We love O's food but aren't fanatic foodies, per se. For us it's the ambience, the casual elegance, the fellow well-traveled passengers, evening martinis, live music, a nice spa...you get the picture.

Thank you for any input you may choose to kindly provide!

Hello all, my husband and I are devoted O cruisers, with many cruises with O. We have an opportunity to take a Regent cruise at a Super price point, competitive with O. For those of you who have sailed both, I wish to ask- will we be disappointed? We love O's food but aren't fanatic foodies, per se. For us it's the ambience, the casual elegance, the fellow well-traveled passengers, evening martinis, live music, a nice spa...you get the picture.

Thank you for any input you may choose to kindly provide!

IMHO you will be pleasantly surprised and will love Regent..I have cruised many times on both and have enjoyed each for its own flavor..

Jancruz1

Though we definitely prefer Oceania to Regent, there really is no reason why you should not enjoy your Regent cruise.

As always, go with an open mind and do little comparing - just enjoy it for what it is. :)

Afterwards you can form your own opinion - that's the only one that is important for your future choices.

The trip is indeed on Mariner- would you please be so kind, Silver Sweethearts, to give me your input on how you think this would affect our experience? We are trying to choose between the Mariner or a trip on Insignia....thank you!

We have been a LOT on O, both the R ships and the O ships. We love Oceania.

That being said, we have been on Voyager and Explorer. Before they refurbished Voyager the "beige" was unappealing, but there was nothing wrong with the rest of it, including those who were aboard. We absolutely loved Explorer and will be on Explorer for a month in December. Yesterday we booked another Voyager for September.

Go of it. The people you will meet will be just really nice. The crew is nice too.

The trip is indeed on Mariner- would you please be so kind, Silver Sweethearts, to give me your input on how you think this would affect our experience? We are trying to choose between the Mariner or a trip on Insignia....thank you!

To add to our comments, the following is from a poster on a thread about the current condition of the Mariner. We, too, found our suite and other areas to need work. The Explorer, on the other hand, is quite something and all new and shiny (January, 2017 Panama Canal cruise). We know there is more to a ship than its cabins and common areas, but for what Regent charges, the ship should be looking good and no one should have to look aside or ignore anything.

As to the post we mentioned: "We were on the Mariner last month( April, 2017). We were quite disappointed in our PH suite. "Outdated" is not the only definition. There were dents and chips on all the wood pieces. The bath needs lots of TLC. The carpet was worn and stained. The balcony was totally neglected, with rust and black stains on the slider."

You also need to look at whats included in the Regent cruise. You do get a lot more including business class air. We have 8 cruises on "O" and enjoyed everyone of them. However we want a change and have booked 3 cruises on Regent right now and 1 on "O" for the next year and half out. We want to book one more cruise once we're on the ship--we'll pick the best cruise for us , not sure if it will be Regent or "O". It will depend on the ports for this one. We haven't been on Regent yet but if you just go and enjoy you'll have a great time, don't let the little things trouble you and don't look for things. Just enjoy every day, one at a time. Don't forget every person has their own idea of what a cruise is---for us it's sea days, we enjoy the ship and the suite. Yes we enjoy just laying back and watching a few movie's, breakfast in on our deck and maybe dinner too. Yes we enjoy the service---so you'll never know until you cruise on Regent. We cruised SilverSeas and found it wasn't for us-we still had a good time. We've also done SeaDreams and found we liked them alot-that said we know cruise the three of them. Rick

I'm surprised Travel Cat hasn't yet chimed in ... she's a Regent fan, preferring Regent to O. Maybe she's abandoned us since she's been attacked by some ...

I can't advise you myself since we came close to doing a Far East cruise on Regent but ended up not doing it. I wish you luck on your decision! It seems like there are lots of fair comments here from people who like both lines.

Mura