Non Formal Night Dress

beachfanatic

If you check out the shopping channel called "Evine" and watch for a brand called "One World" you will see some great dresses at very reasonable prices. I have many and wore one to work yesterday and one of the Manager's commented on how classy it looked.

We have just returned from 15 nights on QM2 and I wore maxi dresses on non formal nights, also black silky wide trousers with various tops....the dress is not as formal as we anticipated....even on formal nights there were many men in lounge suits and ties (mostly American I think) possibly if they have luggage restrictions because of flying they leave their dinner suits at home!

We have just returned from 15 nights on QM2 and I wore maxi dresses on non formal nights, also black silky wide trousers with various tops....the dress is not as formal as we anticipated....even on formal nights there were many men in lounge suits and ties (mostly American I think) possibly if they have luggage restrictions because of flying they leave their dinner suits at home!

Hi jenny wren. A lounge suit on this side of the pond would be considered a business suit. I think that meets the dress code ?

Hi Jenny, I think this was your first Cunard cruise? Could it be you have been reading the Cunard board and have taken as gospel how rigidly formal Cunard is in their approach to the dress code rather than advice from those [me for example] who try to give a realistic view rather than the aspirational one some members want to encourage?

Cunard does have a more formal approach to the dress code in the evening than most of the other lines and that suits us down to the ground but dark business suits are perfectly acceptable wear on an actual formal night and no, not by a long shot are all the ladies dressed in wonderful gowns and fabulous cocktail dresses.

Just well dressed.

Hi Jenny, I think this was your first Cunard cruise? Could it be you have been reading the Cunard board and have taken as gospel how rigidly formal Cunard is in their approach to the dress code rather than advice from those [me for example] who try to give a realistic view rather than the aspirational one some members want to encourage?

Cunard does have a more formal approach to the dress code in the evening than most of the other lines and that suits us down to the ground but dark business suits are perfectly acceptable wear on an actual formal night and no, not by a long shot are all the ladies dressed in wonderful gowns and fabulous cocktail dresses.

Just well dressed.

Totally agree ....