AmaWaterways Danube Christmas Market Cruise Review

atheneze

Love your blog and amazing photos! Did the Christmas Markets several years ago but after seeing your review, I want to do another one! Just magical!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I thought I was going to be done with one, too. But it made me just want to do another one. I love Christmas season and the market!:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I've just started reading your posts and sent the link to others in our group. Loving what I'm ready. Question on the Gluhwein or Mulled Wine - does it come in white wine. One of those in our party is allergic to red wines.

I've just started reading your posts and sent the link to others in our group. Loving what I'm ready. Question on the Gluhwein or Mulled Wine - does it come in white wine. One of those in our party is allergic to red wines.

Thank you for sharing my link and i hope it helps others in planning their christmas market cruise! Yes, they have mulled white wine... They even have gluhbier! Have fun on your cruise! :D:hearteyes:

Atheneze

Thank you so much for your posting. Talk about timing! I just posted some questions last night about an AMA Christmas cruise so would luv to pick your brain on some questions I have. We are looking at the Christmas week sailing (believe you sailed in early Dec)...but some general questions...

What time was dinner ?- I have been told its one seating versus arriving between such and such times (open)...am not a big fan have having to arrive at a specific time. Was seating up in the air - meaning first come first serve and late comers squeezed onto larger tables with other passengers?

Dress code - I know is casual - but dark dressy jeans with a button down shirt (for men) casual? (not a fan of dockers or khakis)

Thanks so much - will be reading you posts and blog with great interest this weekend!

Bob

Atheneze

Thank you so much for your posting. Talk about timing! I just posted some questions last night about an AMA Christmas cruise so would luv to pick your brain on some questions I have. We are looking at the Christmas week sailing (believe you sailed in early Dec)...but some general questions...

What time was dinner ?- I have been told its one seating versus arriving between such and such times (open)...am not a big fan have having to arrive at a specific time. Was seating up in the air - meaning first come first serve and late comers squeezed onto larger tables with other passengers?

Dress code - I know is casual - but dark dressy jeans with a button down shirt (for men) casual? (not a fan of dockers or khakis)

Thanks so much - will be reading you posts and blog with great interest this weekend!

Bob

Good timing! Yay!

Dinner was at 7pm and one seating only. You will see a little line form outside the dining room. It is first come first serve. We try to get there early so we can choose a table. If not, the servers will seat you with other people, specially if you sit at the bigger ones.

Dress code is a little laid back. I know for sure people were wearing jeans. My husband did. And sometimes he'd pair with casual button downs or a sweater.

:D

Atheneze

Thanks so much for the quick reply about the dress code. In this day and age was hoping nice casual was the case! Have to really think about the dining time issue - really hate having to punch a clock - be somewhere by such and such time...esp while on vacation! Understand completely due to logistics of the ship size / dining room size and staff.

Thanks again....

Atheneze

Thanks so much for the quick reply about the dress code. In this day and age was hoping nice casual was the case! Have to really think about the dining time issue - really hate having to punch a clock - be somewhere by such and such time...esp while on vacation! Understand completely due to logistics of the ship size / dining room size and staff.

Thanks again....

Yes it was nice to not have to worry so much about ehat to wear to dinner when you just came back from an excursion. :D I know for lunch they they have the "light lunch" option by the lounge.. Like a mini buffet. It serves the same food from the dining room. But they dont have that for dinner.

Thanks @athenese for your post. We are on the same cruise this Dec. and Salzburg is what I am looking forward to the most!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're welcome! You will love Salzburg!:hearteyes:

Thank you for sharing my link and i hope it helps others in planning their christmas market cruise! Yes, they have mulled white wine... They even have gluhbier! Have fun on your cruise! :D:hearteyes:

Thank you for this info. Love your blog and can't wait. Only 5 more months

As I told my husband, you can come along on river cruise, IF you can be on time for dinner and excursions, and IF you can get along with same people all day long all cruise long! He did great! Especially after waiter explained that late arrivals to the table just started in on the course the table was on! People usually stayed in touring clothes during day, then a level or 2 dressier for dinner. Sport coats, sweaters, collared long sleeve shirts,leather shoes on men. Ladies were nicely dressed- skirts, pants and dressier tops, even some dressy outfits with heels. Do your own thing and have a nice trip. ( we all talked about the lady who sat around in her ship's robe all day long in the lounge- go figure- then came to life at dinner time!)

As I told my husband, you can come along on river cruise, IF you can be on time for dinner and excursions, and IF you can get along with same people all day long all cruise long! He did great! Especially after waiter explained that late arrivals to the table just started in on the course the table was on! People usually stayed in touring clothes during day, then a level or 2 dressier for dinner. Sport coats, sweaters, collared long sleeve shirts,leather shoes on men. Ladies were nicely dressed- skirts, pants and dressier tops, even some dressy outfits with heels. Do your own thing and have a nice trip. ( we all talked about the lady who sat around in her ship's robe all day long in the lounge- go figure- then came to life at dinner time!)

I cannot agree with you more. At first we were wprried about our clothes or if we will get along with people. But during the trip everything was smooth. :hearteyes: