Are you particularly loyal to one cruise ship/cruise line ship class?

Which do you prefer? Trying out new ships or returning to the same favorites?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Trying out new ships or returning to the same favorites?

• I want to be the first to try cruising's latest ships?
    • I like to stick with tried-and-true favorites (same ships or same class of ships)
    • I go back and forth.
    • The cruise destination guides my pick of ships. No preference at all.

We cruise Princess most of all as they are one of the few cruise lines that have ships in the Australian region over our winter - and that's actually the best time to do South Pacfic cruises.

However we do choose other lines at times.

We chose Celebrity Solstice for our first NZ cruise as they had the best choice of one way NZ cruises (Auckland to Sydney) which we like as it allows us to catch up with friends in Auckland before board in the ship to cruise back home. We'll be doing our third Solstice cruise in 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

Terrific perspective pghsteelerfan!

Carolyn

We cruise for destination and have sailed with Carnival cruise lines for years. Over the years, the ships in Carnival's fleet have gotten larger with lots of added "bells and whistles", in addition to more passenger capacity. We've only been on the Conquest and Spirit class but never on the smallest, their Fantasy class. I originally wanted to give one of Carnival's lager ships (Dream & Vista class) a try, but from some reviews I've seen lately about these larger ships, the feeling is "crowded" and I've seen it mentioned that lines are too long. I am not a fan of large crowds/long lines, so Carnival's Conquest, Spirit, and Fantasy class ships are the perfect fit for us.

I am as loyal to a cruise line as they are to me.

So, we shop based on itinerary, ship, price. Cruise line is meaningless to me especially in these times of cutbacks on all the mass market lines.

About the only thing we avoid is older ships. Some tend not to be well maintained or have aging engineering systems that are well past their sell by date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...