House Beverage Package

jjeffjb

YES

The house select is only at meals for Wine/beer

The prestige package is anytime anywhere

That's correct, however there are liquors like the Limoncello Tasting Flight in Toscana and a selection of single malt Scotch in Polo Grill that are not included in the Premium package that will incur a surcharge. The Sommelier will tell you that your choice isn't covered in the premium package to let you decide if you still want to order, but usually that's not enough to deter the avid imbiber. :)

My personal opinion is that the House Bev Package is not worth it, you're better off buying by the drink at Lunch/Dinner as you'll only really have time for 1-2 glasses per meal. If you drink 4+ drinks a day, the Premium Bev Package is well worth it in my opinion.

That's correct, however there are liquors like the Limoncello Tasting Flight in Toscana and a selection of single malt Scotch in Polo Grill that are not included in the Premium package that will incur a surcharge. The Sommelier will tell you that your choice isn't covered in the premium package to let you decide if you still want to order, but usually that's not enough to deter the avid imbiber. :)

My personal opinion is that the House Bev Package is not worth it, you're better off buying by the drink at Lunch/Dinner as you'll only really have time for 1-2 glasses per meal. If you drink 4+ drinks a day, the Premium Bev Package is well worth it in my opinion.

There has been a lot of discussion concerning the size of the wine pours as well as the liquor pours.

Everyone seems to agree that Oceania pours are on the small side!

My husband's doubles are at least 3 oz of some of the single malt on the liquor menu. That drink alone just about pays for the premium package.

Anyway lots of discussion on whether it's worth it.

Each to their own.

But don't have limoncello after dinner if you are on the package, it comes at a price!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Limoncello is a spirit & not part of the House Select package which people are asking about

That package is Champagne & wine by the glass & beer at lunch & dinner meals ONLY

Some will take the House Select package as their O Life perk then they can upgrade onboard to the the Prestige Package

We enjoy mainly champagne and wine. And we like to drink the wine with our food. This means we will stay with the house select package. The prestige package would make us drink too much I am afraid...

mo_serves_drinks_again_copy.JPG

It is a disgrace when some of us are "made to" drink too much.....

1169065_478585992334982_2115404514_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIwODE1OTUyODUxMzc4NDMzMQ%3D%3D.2.c

When others of us enjoy it so much! ;p

First time sailing with Oceania. Do they have Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Family Reserve Bourbon 2014? My Bourbon of choice to drink after a fine dinner. If not, what is best available? I will be on board Sirena for 7 day Cuba cruise. Join me for an after dinner drink if you're on board. My treat. :)

Cheers!

Edited by Kingofcool1947

First time sailing with Oceania. Do they have Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Family Reserve Bourbon 2014? My Bourbon of choice to drink after a fine dinner. If not, what is best available? I will be on board Sirena for 7 day Cuba cruise. Join me for an after dinner drink if you're on board. My treat. :)

Cheers!

You could always take your own bottle & enjoy it in your cabin/balcony after dinner

On our last two Oceania cruises in January and March this year we took the house beverage package as our free perk, and we were very satisfied with it. We are avid wine drinkers. There were 30 wines to choose from, by the glass, including sparkling, rose, red, white, and some dessert wines. I do remember ports being listed, but we never tried them. I started every dinner with either French champagne or Prosecco, then usually switched to red. The pours were not small, and refills or top ups were readily available. The selection was good, and was the same whether you had the house package or the prestige package. You can get wine or beer in any restaurant, including the specialty restaurants and Waves Grill, but not in any bars. We thought the house beverage package was a great value. If you want a drink before dinner you can get 2 for 1 at happy hour or bring something on board to have in your room. We are also taking the house beverage package on our next cruise in November.

Betty

On our last two Oceania cruises in January and March this year we took the house beverage package as our free perk, and we were very satisfied with it. We are avid wine drinkers. There were 30 wines to choose from, by the glass, including sparkling, rose, red, white, and some dessert wines. I do remember ports being listed, but we never tried them. I started every dinner with either French champagne or Prosecco, then usually switched to red. The pours were not small, and refills or top ups were readily available. The selection was good, and was the same whether you had the house package or the prestige package. You can get wine or beer in any restaurant, including the specialty restaurants and Waves Grill, but not in any bars. We thought the house beverage package was a great value. If you want a drink before dinner you can get 2 for 1 at happy hour or bring something on board to have in your room. We are also taking the house beverage package on our next cruise in November.

Betty

Thanks for the report. I had noted that a few people had mentioned getting about two glasses per meal. Nice to see that you got variety, good pours, and top ups. Did you dine mainly as a couple or with larger table? Wonder if that might affect service? Sometimes if we are the only wine drinkers at a large table we get forgotten and it can be disruptive to the others.

Cheers!

More than likely not.

Sometimes if we are the only wine drinkers at a large table we get forgotten and it can be disruptive to the others.

Why would it be disruptive to others ?

:confused:

We do not drink at meals but have sat with people that do ..it is not disruptive

Why would it be disruptive to others ?

:confused:

We do not drink at meals but have sat with people that do ..it is not disruptive

Very annoying to be asked a question and then being told the answer.

Disruptions that we have experienced on different lines including O:

delay in wine steward taking order

ordered wine not available and having to reorder

wrong wine glasses

empty wine glasses

etc.

When the wine service is delayed, typically the food it too - because we don't eat until the wine is served. When the wine steward is professional and not overstretched most disruptions are avoided. Just asking a wine drinker their experience with the service.

Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the report. I had noted that a few people had mentioned getting about two glasses per meal. Nice to see that you got variety, good pours, and top ups. Did you dine mainly as a couple or with larger table? Wonder if that might affect service? Sometimes if we are the only wine drinkers at a large table we get forgotten and it can be disruptive to the others.

We always ask to join others at dinner so we can meet interesting people. Very often we are the only drinkers at a table for six, and we have very rarely had any problem with the wine service. We will tell he wine steward when he or she first comes if we will be changing wines during the meal, so he knows which glasses to leave. It is a rare dinner when we don't have at least three, and often four (or more) glasses of wine each, and we rarely have to look around for a refill. After the first couple of days they get to know you, and know what you want, and they are very accommodating. I have never found the fact that we were drinking, while others at the table were not, in the least disruptive. Your waiter is always nearby, and if the wine steward is very busy and not noticing that your glass is empty, a quiet word to the waiter will quickly rectify that. As long as you are pleasant to the staff they will do everything in their power to keep you happy.

Betty