Tours By Locals Promo Code

gbits

Has anyone recently used Tours by Locals? I have heard that after you tour with them they email you a coupon code to use in the future and that you can share with others. If anyone has one and is willing to share, please let me know.:D

I've used them a number of times - within the last year in Venice, Rome, and Mexico City. I haven't received any discount codes after my tours. Maybe it's an occasional thing?

Could be. I saw an old post on Rick Steve's travel blog that someone gave out their code to other posters. I tried using it & it said it had expired. Was hoping if I found someone who used them recently they might have one I could use before I book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I always book with the "cancel for no reason option" (extra fee). After the tour concludes, I get a code to use on the next trip, for the amount of the cancel fee. So, it's always a good idea to book with the cancel policy because the cost is applied as a credit on your next booking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I always book with the "cancel for no reason option" (extra fee). After the tour concludes' date=' I get a code to use on the next trip, for the amount of the cancel fee. So, it's always a good idea to book with the cancel policy because the cost is applied as a credit on your next booking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Ditto ... I got a credit to apply towards a future tour because I had booked one tour and paid a little extra in case we had to cancel. Didn't have to cancel, so it's a win-win.

How long is that good for? Not sure when I would be using them next and would hate to pay the extra (we have no intention of cancelling) and then find out it expires in 6 months....

• 4 months later...

I have used Tours By Locals on Pride of America in Hilo and Kona we used this guy great experience.

https://www.toursbylocals.com/TBL/WebObjects/ToursByLocals.woa/1/wo/5HabCMCT03Fn4bEzKebdb0/2.67.1.3.1.5.17.0

Like anything ratings are everything, use a guide with good reviews.

We did two tours in Japan in 2016 and paid the extra for cancel for any reason. The credits we got back didn’t expire for 24 months. I just used them when I booked two tours in New Zealand for March next year. Only issue was that I could only apply one credit per tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 6 months later...
Has anyone recently used Tours by Locals? I have heard that after you tour with them they email you a coupon code to use in the future and that you can share with others. If anyone has one and is willing to share, please let me know.:D

Yes I have used them in Europe, Australia and other locals. Always a good experience! Never saw a 'coupon' though?!?!?